• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unknown CSA liability order, Rossendales Letter help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown CSA liability order, Rossendales Letter help

Hello I am new to this forum, and hoping someone can help me.

My husband pays his CSA through an attachment of earnings order. Yesterday we come home to a Rossendales bailiff letter stating he owes £2000+ and a liability order was granted against him in 2009 - this is the first we have heard about the order. we received no paperwork about it before.

They are stating in the letter they are coming to seize goods! I have been up all night and realise they cannot force their way in or anything, so we are ready for them on that point but CSA can't tell us what this is about, just that it is with bailiffs!

now we have no idea if this money is correctly owed to the CSA or not so I don't want to pay the bailiffs. What I'm asking is can we get in worse trouble for refusing access so they cannot levy on goods? What about my car outside? It is in my name only, can they levy against that?

If I refuse access will they return the order to the csa? Could we then query it?

I have searched my husbands name and all our previous addresses on the register of judgments and it says there are no liability orders, ccjs etc against him, is this register kept well up to date?

I am frightened stiff about a knock on the door, I have a young baby and can't cope with this. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance Louise
    Tags: None

Re: Unknown CSA liability order, Rossendales Letter help

Hello Louise and welcome to Legal Beagles.

If I were your husband, I would go back to the CSA and press them for an explanation, as "It's with bailiffs," is not good enough. It might be worth mentioning to CSA, they are vicariously liable for the actions of Rossendales.

In answer to your question about querying the CSA's actions, yes, you are well within your rights to query their actions. No-one, including the CSA, is above the law. In any case, the CSA has a history of blundering.

Please read and inwardly digest the following -

Bailiffs have no power of forced entry to your home, except where authorised, in writing, by a judge or Justice of the Peace.

You are at liberty to refuse them entry. In fact, do not, under any circumstances, allow them entry to your home.

Bailiffs can only levy on goods and property owned by a debtor. If they seize or attempt to seize goods or property belonging to someone other than the debtor, the levy/seizure is invalid and unlawful. It could result in the bailiffs being arrested and charged with a criminal offence.

Park your car streets away from your home and have the V5C (aka logbook) handy in case Rossendales have seen the car previously and kick off about it not being outside your home. Do not, under any circumstances, let them handle the V5C or take it away. Ignore any requests to take it away for copying.

If Rossendales do turn up, if you have a video camera, switch it on and record anything and everything they say. Alternatively, if your mobile phone has a video filming facility, use that.

Should Rossendales make any threats or attempt to make a forcible entry, dial 999 and ask the police to attend. Tell them someone claiming to be a bailiff is at your door making threats and attempting to force their way in. DO NOT SAY THEY ARE A BAILIFF, otherwise, the police will claim it is a civil matter. Emphasise you have a young baby.

With regard to the Central Register of County Court Judgements, all CCJs remain on the register until satisfied or for six years, whichever comes soonest.

The first priority is to get back to the CSA as quickly as possible and point out what you have found out from central records.

BB
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re: Unknown CSA liability order, Rossendales Letter help

It may pay you to Google for either NACSA or deadbeatdads

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X