• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legality of Warrant Execution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legality of Warrant Execution

Hello guys

Does anyone have a legal precedence regarding whether a Baillif must leave a copy of the warrant when taking goods?

A judge ruled that it was not a legal requirement of enforcement but good practice?

Need to know if I can appeal his judgement.

Bloated
    Tags: None

Re: Legality of Warrant Execution

He does not have to leave one I don't believe. However, you have the right, and should exercise this right, to ask to see the warrant of execution before anything is removed.

He does not have to have it on him, but he MUST tell you where you can go to inspect it.

I'm off out for a minute, but will plough through the regs when I get back. I've spent literally tens of hours doing exactly this over the past few days, and don't recall reading anywhere that a warrant must be left. I wasn't specifically looking for that though, so give me a couple of hours and I'll have a root around for you.

Comment

hi i would think that you should have received a copy ,otherwise how can they prove what items have been removed ,or what items are on the manifest[as in which items are recorded as they need to acount for alll items taken].
      hope this helps failing this contact court enforcement dept and ask they have to explain !!
      rich in hull[not legally qualified

Comment

Originally posted by dog after a bone View Post
        hi i would think that you should have received a copy ,otherwise how can they prove what items have been removed ,or what items are on the manifest[as in which items are recorded as they need to acount for alll items taken].
        hope this helps failing this contact court enforcement dept and ask they have to explain !!
        rich in hull[not legally qualified
        Unfortunately, as Labman correctly states, at present, it is only good practice for a certificated bailiff to have a warrant of execution with them when they call at your home. However, you should be aware that certificated bailiffs are schooled in the dark arts, i.e. lying, cheating, bullying, intimidation, and will do anything to get into a debtor's home and get money from them, even to the extent of lying to the police.

Do not ever let a certificated bailiff into your home.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Sorry, that was a long minute, but I stand by what I said in Post 2!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X