• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Ticket and Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Ticket and Bailiffs

Hi

I have an outstanding parking ticket that the bailiffs are chasing me for, to date the amount that they are requesting is over £700. I have not been provided with a breakdown of costs but they are threatening to take my car. I have been advised that they cannot do this because I need it for work, they simply state that they could sell the car, repay the outstanding debt, and give me back the remainder to buy an alternative car - can they do this? I have tried on several occasions to come to an arrangement and pay by instaments but they will not allow this. Can you help?

Read more at: Bailiffs and PARKING TICKET (PCN) enforcement. - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Ticket and Bailiffs

Which firm of goons are involved?
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark1 View Post
      Hi

I have an outstanding parking ticket that the bailiffs are chasing me for, to date the amount that they are requesting is over £700.
      That doesnt sound right for a parking ticket. Someone is having laugh at your expense, or seriosly trying to defraud you.

The law prescribing bailiffs fees for collecting unpaid parking tickets is Schedule 1 et-al of the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs)(Amended 2003) Regulations 1993.

Letter Fee £11.20
      Levying Distress up to £100 - £28

I have not been provided with a breakdown of costs
      Then you dont have to pay them.

Case No 8CL51015 - Anthony Culligan (Claimant) v 1. Jason Simkin & 2. Marstons (Defendants). Before District Judge Advent 9th & 24th September 2008. The court ruled:

that because the bailiff produces no evidence as to how the charge had been arrived then he unable to show that it is reasonable.

but they are threatening to take my car. I have been advised that they cannot do this because I need it for work, they simply state that they could sell the car, repay the outstanding debt, and give me back the remainder to buy an alternative car - can they do this?
      Technically yes, so you must make your car safe until this matter is resolved. Bailiffs love taking cars because its big money for them.

I have tried on several occasions to come to an arrangement and pay by instaments but they will not allow this. Can you help?
      While you have a car which is a sitting duck, negotiation will be futile. MOVE THAT CAR.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        Which firm of goons are involved?
        Hi Bluebottle

The Bailiffs in this case are Bristow and Suitor

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Contrails View Post
          That doesnt sound right for a parking ticket. Someone is having laugh at your expense, or seriosly trying to defraud you.

The law prescribing bailiffs fees for collecting unpaid parking tickets is Schedule 1 et-al of the Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs)(Amended 2003) Regulations 1993.

Letter Fee £11.20
          Levying Distress up to £100 - £28

Then you dont have to pay them.

Case No 8CL51015 - Anthony Culligan (Claimant) v 1. Jason Simkin & 2. Marstons (Defendants). Before District Judge Advent 9th & 24th September 2008. The court ruled:

Technically yes, so you must make your car safe until this matter is resolved. Bailiffs love taking cars because its big money for them.

While you have a car which is a sitting duck, negotiation will be futile. MOVE THAT CAR.
          Hi Happy Contrails

Thanks for your reply. I don't know if it makes any difference but I have received a copy of the parking ticket today which shows that I was parked in a Goods Vehicle loading area
          I yesterday filled in forms TE7 and TE9, to appeal, but I didn't have a PCN when I did that so I guess the Traffic Enforcement Centre will send them back to me.
          I've noticed somewhere on this website the SAR letter, would it be appropriate for me to modify it for my circumstances and send that off?

Kind Regards

Mark

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X