• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jbw fees advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jbw fees advice

Hello again, I had a bailief letter 2 weeks ago for a TFL parking fine. I phoned the number and payed the amount due but today I've had a visit demanding an extra £349. This includes £72 attendance to levy fee, £210 attendance to remove fee and £67 balance before today's visit. The £67 is a charge for attending when delivering the original letter. I don't mind paying the £67 but is it right that I have to pay the other charges.
    Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Jbw fees advice

Bailiffs and PARKING TICKET (PCN) enforcement. - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum :beagle:

Comment

Hi Labman, I looked on that page before posting but still wasn't sure if they can charge for attendance to levy £72 and charge for attendance to remove £210 on the same visit seeing that they had not levied before. I think the initial ticket was via CCTV when I pulled over to take a phone call on the outskirts of London. Thanks again ....

Comment

How much was the original fine? For levying, they can charge 28% on the first £200 and 5.5% on any amount over that. The attendance fee is what is deemed 'reasonable.'

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. The original fine was for around £140 and the letter I had posted through the door was for £347. I phoned the number and was told I owed £280 which I paid. This new letter is for the remaining £67 which I presume is for the original visit although no attempt was made to knock the door or ring the bell. I also thought you could only attend to remove if items had already been levied upon on a visit beforehand. Thanks again for your time, B

Comment

If they are charging for work they have not done, as appears to be the case, I believe you should not have to pay anything.

I would request a breakdown of fees:

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:
            a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.
            b - the reason for the fee.
            c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.
            d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.
            e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Comment

Thanks for that, I'll send it off in the morning.
              Sorry to be a pain but when you say charging for work not done are you referring to the £67 or the charges from the visit today.
              He has also said if I don't pay by 21:00 tonight he will visit again tomorrow and it will go up another £210.

Comment

If the bailiff claims to have attended to levy on goods but in reality that levy never took place ........ then he cannot charge you a fee to attend to remove those goods he has not seized.

Pepsie

Comment

Thanks Pepsie, so when he turned up yesterday for the outstanding fees of £67 he charged £72 attendance to levy then an extra £210 attendance to remove. Am I right in understanding that the £210 shouldn't have been charged on the same visit as nothing was levied upon ???
                  Also should I have had a letter explaining an extra £67 was owed before this visit. Thanks again both of you for your help !!!!

Comment

Yep, if nothing has been levied on, there is nothing to remove. They can't just turn up and charge on the off chance that they may or may not carry out a levy. They would not have removed stuff simultaneously anyway.

Comment

Brilliant news, thank you
                      Should I offer to pay just the £67 and £72 attendance to levy fee ???
                      How far should I take it if he carries on saying I need to pay

Comment

Hi, just spoken to bailiff and he's saying he can charge both fees and if it's not payed now he'll be round today and it will go up another £200. He says that they are attendance fees and as he attended they have to be payed
                        Total £349 for a £67 balance
                        Any ideas ......

Comment

Yes ...ignore him do not even speak with him as there is no law that says you have to speak with him, ., there is no law that even says you must conduct business with a bailiff. HE CANNOT BREAK IN WITH THE USE OF A LOCKSMITH, TAKE YOUR KIDS INTO CARE, LOCK UP YOUR GRANNY OR ARREST YOU , OR ANY OF THE OTHER GARBAGE HE WILL TELL YOU. To beak in he needs the Courts permission, to arrest you he needs a warrant and as you have discharge the liabilty then what reason is he going to use to getany Court to approve warrants, he will be doing you a big favour to get the matter brought before the Court again as that will allow you to speak up an contest the outragous fees.

Get that letter sent requesting a full breakdown of these illegal fees asap.

Pepsie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X