• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help! Excessive charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! Excessive charges

I'm new to the site but just came across and need some advice.

I'm one that’s usually very good with finances so this is all new and scary to me. Anyway, about 3 months ago I received a parking ticket , I didn't pay it as I was disputing it due to it being a bank holiday.

They rejected my claim but stated I could dispute again, however, due to new job and finishing uni (excuses) I just kept putting it off. The original fine was around £70 and then went to £112.

Anyway still putting it off I received a letter from Equita. I barely read it and stuffed it in a draw to deal with the next day. However, 2 days ago a bailiff turned up on my door. Luckily no one was in but my sister came home later to find a hand delivered letter.

I called the bailiff and he told me my balance had now gone up to £414+ and I must pay now unless they'll come tomorrow and increase again around £150. I was absolutely stunned. But to cause any further costs I unwillingly paid and then decided to try and fight it rather than fighting further costs.

I am waiting of a breakdown of the costs but as my claim will probably get rejected again I take it I'm not entitled to claim anything back?

But surely these costs are ridiculous and I've been overpriced?

It will be the last time I put something off anyway. This has crippled me.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Right I have had the breakdown of the costs! It's ridiculous. One visit....

Debt: £112.00
    Initial letter: £11.20
    Visit fee: £80.00
    Attendance charges: £160.00
    Card charge: £10.33
    VAT: £52.31

Do I have a leg to stand on with claiming any of this back?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X