• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sherforce bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sherforce bailiff

This is a very good post and the OP would be wise to raise matters outlined with a solicitor, while also following the suggestion of getting complaints to the right ears?

Pespie

Comment

I have just read Milo and Pepsie's most recent posts and they raise very valid points.

I have also read back through other posts in this thread and have come to the conclusion that any action in this matter should be directed at Sherforce and its employees.

However, due to the involvement of the High Court, the OP needs to be advised by a solicitor, solicitor-advocate or counsel in order to determine what action is required to achieve a positive outcome for OP.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
        I have read this entire thread with great interest and frankly, the actions of Sherforce appear to be simply outrageous but sady, as you would see from other forums...not uncommon.

Sherforce and other High Court Enforcement companies enforce unpaid CCJ's over a certain amount for companies and individuals but their "prize possessions" are their CONTRACTS with suppliers etc. These range from water companies, builders merchants etc etc. At one time, Sherforce had a contract with HM Reveue. I don't believe that the contract is with them any longer and a few days ago, a "little birdie" told me that they no longer have one of their water company contracts which "apparently" has now been given to another HCEO company.

It is alsmot certainly the case that the complaint from the outset should have been brought to the attention of the CONTRACTOR. The OP has said that this debt relates to an overpayment of benefit. Was this a local authority etc? Would he mind giving details?

It is vitally important that they know what their AGENT is doing and the manner in which their debt was being enforced by them. Personally, I would be making a Freedom of Information request fro a copy of the Contract.

Has the Contractor/judgment creditor been advised of this complaint and if so, what was their response.

Seeing what action has already taken place, I hate to say this, BUT surely any claim for the vehicle should really be made against the CONTRACTOR. This would need to be discussed with a solicitor.

I would also suggest that a letter should be sent to the Tribunals Courts & Enforcment Team at the Ministry of Justice at Petty France as they are shortly to release their consulatation on bailiff reform and they really should know what is happening with debts that are being enforced by High Court Enforcement Officers.

A copy of the letter should also be sent to the High Court Enforcement Officers Association.

I would not suggest writing to the Ministry of Justice with normal complaints but serious ones like this deserve to be brought to their attention.

It would be good if the OP had responded......

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X