• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff

Hi, the first think,i want to apologise about my english, i know it's horrible, but i hope u will undersand me and some one can help and explane what i have to do. I've got two tickets for car parking. Did'nt realise that its so important to pay that immediately... But anyway it's my fault, that i did'nt pay it. So basically i receive a letter from bristol council that i have own 82 pund each ticket. I was waiting for my sellary to pay for it, but then i get a letter from Equita limited in witch they are saying,that i have to call them an make a payment. (they sent a letter on 11/11/2011, but i get it just 16/11/2011). I was trying to call them but i couldint, all the time swich on that voicemail. Then i call in bristol cauncil,they say, that they have no deal with me anymore,that i have call to Equita limited. That evening I couldin'd do it, was impossible. Next day i was calling them again and they said that i have to call to bailiff manager(still im not sure what is that). Anyway, i was calling to him and i had honorary just speak with his woicemail in witch he was asking to leave my details and he will call me back. Funny, I was waiting two days and he didnt call me,then yesterday i leave other voicemail message and finaly today he call me.( Oh i forgot to mention, that i still receiving letters from Equita limited and they saying that i can pay untill X-mas time, but they never send to me amount). So when i spoke to him,i ask to do payments monthly, because i have no money until i'll get selary. He said no. I must to pay immediately other way he will take my car and all goods. He told me,that now i'm own 290puond for one of the tickets,witch i have to pay now.For other one i can pay untill X-mas. But i didnt get any letters from that company, how much totaly i have to pay. I even ask him or can I make a payment on mondey and then he said no! and he threaten, that he will come in to my house right now and he gonna take everything. He always keep saying ''no'' and that is not his job,to take monthly payments,his job is take all payment and if i not gonna pay,then he will take my car and goods. When I ask him where i have to call to get more info,hi said that i already talk to him,but when i ask something he keep saying is not his job.
    So, maybe some one can explane to me, why i have to pay that much and immediately? whay i cant do payments monthy? what i have to do,just pay it?
    Tags: None

((((
    Last edited by Rasa89; 22nd November 2011, 16:31:PM.

Comment

Re: Bailiff

Here you go, have a read of my guide and post back here if you don't understand anything xx Parking Fine Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Thanks Amy, but I still can't understand, why they didn't sent to me any letters with amount, how much I'm owe. 'Cuz when I call to bailiff, he said to me amount is 290pounds, but how I have to be sure about this amount if I didn't receive any written approval. And to day, he just txt a message to me, ''Removal team is now booked. Call me. '' . I txt him,back that at the moment i can't call him, but I would be happy if he could sent to me all papers with amount and written approval and i promised that I'll pay for it. But he was so unpleasant to me, so I don't know what I can expect to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasa89 View Post
          Thanks Amy, but I still can't understand, why they didn't sent to me any letters with amount, how much I'm owe. 'Cuz when I call to bailiff, he said to me amount is 290pounds, but how I have to be sure about this amount if I didn't receive any written approval. And to day, he just txt a message to me, ''Removal team is now booked. Call me. '' . I txt him,back that at the moment i can't call him, but I would be happy if he could sent to me all papers with amount and written approval and i promised that I'll pay for it. But he was so unpleasant to me, so I don't know what I can expect to.
          Always remember: bailiffs tell lies.

In this case, as the bailiff has never entered your house/flat/dwelling and hence does not have a valid walking possession agreement, it would hardly be reasonable for him to book a van or a gang of oafs to remove any goods.

The reason that the people you called at Bristol Council won't deal with you is probably that they don't actually work for Bristol Council but work for Capita instead, to which company Bristol Council has subcontracted some or all of its clerical jobs. Equita is another part of the Crapita group.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasa89 View Post
            They are hoping to frighten you because, with respect, they see you as a soft target.

He can book a fleet of police outriders if he likes, there is nothing he can do until and unless you let him in. So don't let him in.

You should also send a formal request for the breakdown of the charges and you can find a link to it in the guide I gave you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X