• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales and moving house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales and moving house

Hello all, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I had an unpaid council tax bill 4 years ago and we had a visit from Rossendales, and stupidly we let them in. They listed goods and we came to an agreement to make repayments. This was all fine until a few months later when my husband was made redundant and we couldn't make the payments anymore. But ages went by and we heard nothing. We moved house in June of this year and my husband now has a job, but doesn't get paid much and every month is very tight. We have had Rossendales knocking on the door again (first a Bailiff Removal Notice, then today a Final Notice) but do I have to let them in? Or can they break in when we're not here?

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendales and moving house

Hi.
    I think I can confidently say that as they were let into your previous home, they have no claim on the present one.
    They can't even find my home see thread:
    Proof of incompetence (Rosendales) - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    No help to you with your present problem, but I am certain they will "try it on" so beware and do not open the door. Hide your car ETC.

David in Lincolnshire.
    Last edited by David-G1ZQC; 17th October 2011, 19:53:PM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Re: Rossendales and moving house

Have a read of this Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

As they have not gained entry to your new home they do not have the right to enter.

Write to them, and your council, informing them of this. Also ask for a breakdown of what is now owing, from this you will be able to see what charges they have added. No doubt there will be fraudulent and illegal charges which they have added on, so one yo know what they are, you will be able to challenge them and get them removed.

You do need to make an instalment plan to pay off the CT which is owing, preferably direct to the council. I would contact the council and try to arrange payment with them, however you will need to speak to the C Tax recovery department, not the muppets in customer services.
      Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X