• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Desperate Baliff Plea, Please Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Desperate Baliff Plea, Please Help!

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    I would hesitate before concluding that a valid WPA was in place; since the bailiff had been admitted to a flat by a flat-mate when the debtor was not present and, as the flat-mate could not be considered to be the agent of the debtor, anything that flatmate may have signed could hardly be binding on the debtor.
    Providing the person who allows the Bailiff in has both age & capacity will not prevent this, however the Bailiff must explain his actions. For CT the situation is somewhat different in that only the debtor named can sign a WPA to make it valid.

Comment

IT was for CT
      ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

Would it be at all possible for PTD to scan and post a redacted copy of the Notice of Seizure allegedly left by the bailiff?

It might be useful to see if the levy was improper in some way(s) other than the debtor not being present and, indeed, if Ambrose v. Nottingham City Council might apply.
        Last edited by CleverClogs; 21st October 2011, 14:47:PM.

Comment

If I can find it i would do that with pleasure tbh, I will have to search high and low but It will be somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by PocketTheDifference View Post
            If I can find it i would do that with pleasure tbh, I will have to search high and low but It will be somewhere.
            If not can you tell us what items were on it as described on the NoS? I assume you were left a Notice of Seizure at the time the levy was made?

Comment

ERm, I cannot remember, My PC, Guitar, a couple more pieces my debt wasn't very big so there wasn't much on it.
              I'll try and find/remember tonight when I get out the office.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                If not can you tell us what items were on it as described on the NoS? I assume you were left a Notice of Seizure at the time the levy was made?
                What I'd like to know is whether or not it contained any vague terms such as "all other goods except any exempt goods", and also how specifically items were specified - for example, did it just list "a TV" rather than listing the TV by size, make and model?

The "all other goods" BS may make the levy invalid or improper, whilst vague descriptions mean that, as any old tat would fit the descriptions, one could purchase broken items to give to a bailiff.
                Last edited by CleverClogs; 21st October 2011, 23:19:PM.

Comment

Just a wee update I did reply to them, just waiting for another reply from the council to see where I am up to. a long drawn out affair, if they would have accepted it in the first place they would have had their money and been donw with it by now.

Ohh well.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    What I'd like to know is whether or not it contained any vague terms such as "all other goods except any exempt goods", and also how specifically items were specified - for example, did it just list "a TV" rather than listing the TV by size, make and model?

The "all other goods" BS may make the levy invalid or improper, whilst vague descriptions mean that, as any old tat would fit the descriptions, one could purchase broken items to give to a bailiff.
                    Someone I know had a levy on the display items in a bathroom showroom - the levy listed things like "Bath, basin, toilet- (manafacturer)".
                    The bailiffs, when they came to take the stuff, were extremely p'd off to find all the taps,plugs, ancillary equipment etc - even the loo flushing mechanisms & handles - had vanished!
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      Someone I know had a levy on the display items in a bathroom showroom - the levy listed things like "Bath, basin, toilet- (manafacturer)".
                      The bailiffs, when they came to take the stuff, were extremely p'd off to find all the taps,plugs, ancillary equipment etc - even the loo flushing mechanisms & handles - had vanished!
                      If the loo seat had also been removed, did the b:censored:ds have anything to go on?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X