• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

raj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raj

a bailiff from newlyn clamped my caron 09.07.2011 for two unpaid parking ticket and asked me to pay 701 pounds.i said to him i dont have that much money now .then he asked for 526pounds (which cover for one ticket) for the rest he told me he will come back at 4 pm on 11.7.2011. for security he took my log book and spare key . but he didnt turn up my wife and i made many phone calls.newlyn says deal with the bailiff .after couple of weeks i wrote a letter to the watford county court and explained the situation(because he obtained his certificate from that court).
    then after i made a written complain about the bailiff. no luck. i called many times to newlyn and asked about my complain they said to me you have taken the case to the next level so we cant do any thing now but we put your case on hold. i even said i have to pay the rest 175.00 i can pay it to you please return my key and log book. they said the case in the court.
    last week they clamped my car again for the same ticket (which i already agreed to pay 175.00 pounds) and asked me another 526.00. i was shocked but the same day i received a letter from the court the bailiff is fit and propper. after i called to the newlyn bailiff company and asked my key and log book they said we gave your things back after you settled the final payment. i believe they told to the court same thing.thats why court told me the bailiff is fit and propper.
    i asked the bailiff company can you tell me when did i pay you the rest? they said to me talk to t he bailiff.i asked the number of the previous bailiff who took the key and log book .they replied now different bailiff (who clamped my car last week)there pay to him. i asked you said to me you given my key and log book back after the payment then why you clamped again for the same ticket? the lady said deal wit hthe bailiff and cut off the phone .
    i dunno where to go .i paid again 526.00 to release the clamp. can any body help me please what can i do now i got all proff for every thing with me .
    Tags: None

Re: raj

Is the clamp now removed from your car? But the bailiffs still have your log book and spare key?

You need to have a read of this Parking Fine Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
    and this Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum then send the SAR from the bailiff guide to Newlyn.

How much were the original parking fines for, and were you aware of the fines? When you get a breakdown of their charges you may well find that they have added on illegal charges. Did you have any letters or visits from the bailiffs before your car was clamped?

From now on, do not deal with them by phone, make sure you put everything in writing to them.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: raj

SAR the buggers, to get details of the bailiffs involved and the charges applied.

The odds will be in the order of a quid to an ounce of dried-up dingo dung that the buggers will have overcharged you.

Use Special Delivery to send a Letter Before Action, to both the bailiffs involved and also to their employer, giving them seven days from their receipt of the letter to refund the excessive charges and to return your goods that are currently in their bailment (namely, the motor-car keys and the motor-car V5) or remit the full replacement cost of the same, failing which you may make a claim for the monies without any further notice.

If they do not comply, sue via MoneyClaim Online.

If you win and they don't pay up, get their cars clamped.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X