• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please can someone help,horrible bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please can someone help,horrible bailiff

Originally posted by kikibean View Post
    Thank you for all your replies. My partner has said tonight that he vaguely remebers speaking to the court or the tv license people about this but it was all around the time that we had just got home from London before Emily passed away, so its all a blur and just been forgotten about.

He is going to call the bailiff again tomorrow and tell him we can pay in full on 6th October, but if the bailiff refuses that again then we def will be complaining.

Today has been a horrible day
    You should not be speaking with the bailiff on the telephone because they will lie to you. They may well agree to the repayments, but they are very likely to change their minds and they will be knocking on your door again.

What you should be doing is writing to the court manager and requesting a Means Enquiry Hearing. You will be required to complete an income and expenditure form and state the reasons for the non payment.

The court has the power to cancel fines because circumstances change and this is definitely the case with you. Even if you have already spoken to the bailiff, you should do this.

xx

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
      Sadly it is a fact that many bailiffs are really pretty unpleasant people when performing their jobs.
      They are not significantly better when they have retired, as they still tell fibs.

Is it due to some congenital defect, like :censored: Tourettes' Syndrome? msl:

Comment

I have a 20 year old daughter who appears to suffer from OCCASIONAL Tourette's.

In all fairness, I think those who have this complaint are more likely to tell THE TRUTH.
        They just tend to put it in a slightly more succinct - or percussive - way, than most of us might prefer to have it delivered !!! :lalala:
        Mythomania might be worth considering, though !!! I'll throw that into the suggestion box !!!

Comment

So sorry to hear your sad loss,
          I would like to start by saying that your partner is very unlikly to be sent to prison for this and the situation the Bailiff mentioned about someone being sent down for 7 weeks was either just a scare tactic a total fabrication or something to do with council tax and even then it would have been because the person in question would have been refusing to pay still at that point.
          Also note that the Bailiff CANNOT BREAK YOUR DOOR DOWN AND TAKE YOUR POSSESSIONS for starters he has no levy in place, the best advice I can give to you in this situation is to deal with the company direct and offer payment over the phone (which they cannot refuse) or go back to the T.V licencing people explain your very sad circumstances and make an arrangement with them and don't let these bully boy tactics frighten or worry you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X