• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston clamped car when warrant on hold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston clamped car when warrant on hold

I hope someone can advise me as to what to do next. Yesterday I woke up to find my clamped and a sticker on the clamp dated for a few weeks ago with a contact number for a Marston bailiff. There was no letter through my door nor any details to say what this was about. I checked with TEC who were able to cnfirm that I had no current live warrants (I have two for pcns but both are on hold as I am challenging them).I called the number several times but it went straight to voicemail. I then panicked that my car would be taken. I decided to get a friend to move the car.

This morning two agressive men arrived at my house at 7.30am. They refused to show me a warrant and said they had called the police as I had stolen their clamp. They said I had escalated the problem and I was in serious trouble now and that I owed them alot of money. They still did not give me any paperwork. I said I was sure I did not have any fines outstanding. Eventually one of them called their office and came back to tell the other one - "She's right it is on hold and has been for weeks." At this point they backed off and said they hadn't called the police and that it was just an error. They want to meet me later to get the clamp back but I am wary of this.

I have been really stressed and upset by this, and want to make a complaint but am not sure how to go about it. Can anyone help? Just to confirm I have had no previous visits regarding this and one letter in June which I acted on by filing a TE7 and TE9 as I had appealed the ticket and not received a response from Hammersmith and Fulham.

Can anyone help please?
    Tags: None

Re: Marston clamped car when warrant on hold

Hi,

Have a read of this. It tells you how to make a complaint if you fell you have just cause which you obviously have. Be careful not to damage the clamp in any way as they are swines for counter-claiming for damage.

Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X