• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Question about Marstons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Marstons?

My husband had was offered a Tradepro card a few years ago at a store whilst buying goods which I was most surprised about and I don't think he even applied for it!

Anyway things were ok at first but as he is self-employed and work is sometimes lean he missed a payment and the charges were applied and even after starting to pay again and then things went downhill workwise again he lapsed on payments and the charges which were added took the debt up to about £1000.

After numerous phonecalls offering to pay and asking them to withdraw the card and stop the charges they still kept adding charges on!

Eventually in 2009 we had a letter from a debt collection agency called Marstons asking for the money to be paid or they would come and collect items from the house. They said that the debt had been through the courts and they would collect the money owed and they added charges on top but I did manage to arrange to make payments of £50 per week which I have never missed and have been paying them since 8th June 2009! We will finish payments in 2015!

We never did find out how this could have gone to court and we never did receive any letters about a court case!

We are struggling so much with these payments as my husband suffers with emphasaemia and is struggling to work at all lately - we are on housing benefits and I only work part time but we are so frightened of these people that we just struggle to make sure they get their payments!

I could do with getting an itemised list of what we actually owed to Trade-pro and information on when this actually went to court, if indeed it did! How would I go about finding out about this. I have sent of to Experian for a credit review for my husband to see if it actually shows anything!
    Tags: None

Re: Question about Marstons?

Marstons are bailiffs. You need to send a SAR from the bailiff guide (sticky at top if forum) and see exactly what charges they have added on. Also demand the details if the court claim. Bailiffs lie and cheat, you will know when a bailiff is lying as his lips will be moving. Once you have the SAR info you will be in a position to get erroneous (and probably fraudulent) charges removed.
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Question about Marstons?

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
      Marstons are bar stewards.
      IFYPFY !!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X