• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

penalty charge in London but no letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penalty charge in London but no letter

Hi,
    The more I read this website, the more I realise that I am not the only one.
    My case is as below:
    I received 2 letters today:
    the first letter talks about an unpaid penalty charge, which is NEWS to me.
    I did not receive ANY charge by post until now
    If so, I would have paid in due time.
    the 2nd letter states that a bailiff would come and collect my car/household effect if I do not pay £548.44 within the 24hours.
    The letter received was open and not stamped and WAS NOT delivered by hand as written in bold at the top.
    I am a tenant in a house where my car is registered and they threaten to take my landlady car who has nothing to do in the case at all.
    We called the Bailiff in charge and asked for some clarification.
    He was very threatening and rude.
    I asked for evidence and he couldn't give me any at first. We had to call back
    We did
    the offence was on the 31st of January and he mentioned my number plate which was right
    BUT I WAS IN THE STATES that DAY!!!!

All in all, I did not receive any letter, any photographic evidence, no reminder, no court case, nothing and now
    I get this final warning for something I haven't done.

Tomorrow I am going to call the Northampton court and ask for an Out of Time application and ask for advise from them. Then, I will seek advise with a solicitor- free as I don't want to pay for something I have not done.

this situation is stressful and so not necessary.
    Could you let me know if I am doing the right thing? follow the right procedure?
    Any help you could give me will be much appreciated.
    thank you

Mela
    Tags: None

Re: penalty charge in London but no letter

Have a read of this Parking Fine Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum then if you have any questions, post back on here. You will need to file a Statutory Declaration form (Out of Time).
    Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X