• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sheriff Coming To Take Goods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriff Coming To Take Goods

Hi

I leased a premises a while ago and I bought the fixtures and fittings off my landlord. Now 2 years later the baliffs have shown up for the previous trading company, I showed them my new lease and said that I had nothing to do with the last lot, which I really dont, the sheriff took the lease away and came back a week later to say that the fixtures and fittings were not in the lease ! I told him I bought them from the freeholder. He came back the other day with a van and I had to give him money to get rid of him. there is still quiet a bit outstanding.

I gave him money as I cannot function wthout my fixtures and fittings, I run a cafe. The sheriff said I could put in a claim to reclaim the money!!! Today I got a sworn affadavit from my freeholder to say the fixtures , fittings and furniture are rightfully mine and that I paid him for them, the freeholder said it was his property in the first place and not the previous tenants, I am hoping that this will get rid of the sheriff from my premises for once and for all.

Can anyone offer me help or guidance or who I should contact.
    Tags: None

Re: Sheriff Coming To Take Goods

Originally posted by PETER JOHNSON View Post
    I leased a premises a while ago and I bought the fixtures and fittings off my landlord. Now 2 years later the baliffs have shown up for the previous trading company, I showed them my new lease and said that I had nothing to do with the last lot, which I really dont, the sheriff took the lease away and came back a week later to say that the fixtures and fittings were not in the lease ! I told him I bought them from the freeholder. He came back the other day with a van and I had to give him money to get rid of him. there is still quiet a bit outstanding.

I gave him money as I cannot function wthout my fixtures and fittings, I run a cafe. The sheriff said I could put in a claim to reclaim the money!!! Today I got a sworn affadavit from my freeholder to say the fixtures , fittings and furniture are rightfully mine and that I paid him for them, the freeholder said it was his property in the first place and not the previous tenants, I am hoping that this will get rid of the sheriff from my premises for once and for all.

Can anyone offer me help or guidance or who I should contact.
    Had you thought of asking Robin Hood?

Although I am hardly an expert on Scots Law, I would rather doubt that the miscreant who threatened to remove goods was actually a sheriff of any sort. It seems more likely that he was a bailiff - and there is one feature common to bailiffs in Scotland and in England:

Bailiffs tell lies.

So, if that momzer had claimed to be a sheriff and you have a witness to that, you may have a fair chance of making a complaint to the sheriff's court whence the warrant came, as genuine sheriffs are unlikely to be amused by a bailiff pretending to be a judge. Link

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X