• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

subject request to bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subject request to bailiffs

in my subject request form do i have to give them 40 days to comply? does it have to be that long? can i not give them less as my TE7 and TE9 will take maximum 19 days. i would hate for it to whatever reason be rejected then the fine carries on rising and they take there maximum time with bogus evidence and get away with it, so ill have no choice but to pay. anyway, whats the minimum time that i can give these scumbags?

thankyou.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Also, are they entitled to freeze the charges untill the SAR has been dealt with? or can they carry on letting the charges rise?
    thankyou.
    Last edited by chooz; 5th July 2011, 18:32:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Tags: None

Re: subject request to bailiffs

The two are completely separate. So yes, you have no choice but to allow 40 days for the SAR as this is the law.

Comment

ok, are they entitled to freeze any further action untill the matter is sorted? or will the charges keep on rising? they have my car in the pound but it was illegally taken,

Comment

Originally posted by chooz View Post
        ok, are they entitled to freeze any further action untill the matter is sorted? or will the charges keep on rising? they have my car in the pound but it was illegally taken,
        Do you mean, are the bailiffs entitled to freeze action? If you do, the bailiffs are not "entitled" to do anything and as for their fees; illegal fees are illegal fees - makes no odds what they add.

Comment

ok so do you advise that i pay for the car and then further my complaint in order to claim back unfair charges?

Comment

That presumes they have not already sold it.

Comment

For the avoidance of doubt, the above comment was meant to suggest that a bailiff or firm of bailiffs who charge unlawful fees or who otherwise act illegally in some way may also be more likely than not to bend or break the law in other ways.

There may be remedies available if they have sold or otherwise disposed of a motor car they have improperly or unlawfully removed. At civil law, one could apply for an order to render up the vehicle in their bailment or the (stated) value thereof; at criminal law, it could be a case of unlawful conversion, though one might have some difficulty persuading the plods that, contrary to their usual litany, it is not merely 'a civil matter'.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                ........ at criminal law, it could be a case of unlawful conversion, though one might have some difficulty persuading the plods that, contrary to their usual litany, it is not merely 'a civil matter'.
                I think you've got something there, it seems beyond the comprehension of the average Police Officer that theft, fraud, assault or whatever bailiffs get up to in their day to day lives are criminal offences.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X