• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council & bailiff fraud: Civil or a Criminal matter according to Police?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council & bailiff fraud: Civil or a Criminal matter according to Police?

This subject has come up from time to time on previous threads but I think it’s worth reminding ourselves occasionally of the British legal system’s failings.

I’m referring to the ‘mafia style’ operation which Council's, LGO, Magistrate's courts, Police and private bailiff firms – who are all a party to – leave those affected by the council's systematic abuse with no legal redress.

It is commonly known that accusations of council/bailiff fraud – reported under sections 2, 3 and 4 of the Fraud Act 2006 – are dismissed as ‘CIVIL’,

i.e.

This matter originates from an unpaid Council Tax bill which is clearly not an issue for the police.”

This view however, is contrary to that of the Fraud Act 2006 and Baroness Scotland of Asthal in the House of Lords on the 20 April 2007. (Crime: Fraud).

If Police crime units can conveniently get out of investigating issues arising from so called civil matters; where do they draw the line?

i.e.

At what point do issues originating from civil matters become serious enough to be classified as criminal?

It’s obvious that systematic fraud by our councils and their bailiffs who breach sections 2, 3 and 4 of the Fraud Act 2006 are not considered serious enough to be classed as criminal.

So, what view would the Police have in relation to an incident originating “from an unpaid Council Tax bill” which, for example, left a bailiff suffering serious injuries from an alleged debtor defending his right to refuse him entry?

Would this then become a criminal matter?

Of course this needs no answer but the example goes to demonstrate that the justice system is flawed and discriminatory and is in desperate need of reform.

P.S

There are still spaces for the petition against Bailiff Action for Parking Tickets.

Last edited by outlawlgo; 21st March 2011, 18:38:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Council & bailiff fraud: Civil or a Criminal matter according to Police?

For what it's worth, I hd a case of what I considered fraud by an adviser sent by Kensington recently when claiming compensation from them.

The adviser had changed my financial statement after leaving my house and me signing it - he did not realise that while he was at the loo I'd photocopied it so I had definitive proof. Kensington agreed he'd committed an offence and said they'd co-operate fully with any police investigation, but didn't give me a penny in compensation for it.

Comment

Re: Council & bailiff fraud: Civil or a Criminal matter according to Police?

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
      ......The adviser had changed my financial statement after leaving my house and me signing it - he did not realise that while he was at the loo I'd photocopied it so I had definitive proof. Kensington agreed he'd committed an offence and said they'd co-operate fully with any police investigation, but didn't give me a penny in compensation for it.
      It's interesting and surprising that Kensington council didn't side with the 'adviser'. It's normal for councils – while trawling out their standard responses like "the council's use of bailiffs and debt collection agencies is closely managed through appropriate and robust governance ..." – to swear black is white, even if there was concrete evidence as you had.

I wonder how confident the council were that the Police would refuse to investigate on the grounds that it was a civil matter or some other excuse - despite it breaching the Fraud Act?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X