• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons Bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons Bailiffs

Hi

Just wondered if someone could give me some advice my husband recieved a pcn from camden council for being 1 minute over on a meter we challenged the pcn and northampton county court revoked the pcn. On the 7th march a baliff called at my home address to enforce the order we was not at home so the baliff left a letter I called him straight away and stated that I had a order from the court and faxed them over a copy.

I got up this morning was making tea and could see something on my gate I went out to look and it was a notice of seizure of goods they had removed my vehicle no one knocked on my door just took the car !!!!! I called the baliff and said that i had paper work from court he said to late we have removed the vehicle to get vehicle back you have to pay £545.00 .

I called camden council they said the same pay and claim it back when resolved and that the baliff had not knocked at the door because last time he came on the 7th march myself and my husband were abusive when I told them that this was not possible as we were not in .

Spoke to Marstons and the lies that have been told about me and my husband are incredible we have proof that we wernt in , It turns out they have made 3 visits to a different address not mine the guy whos property they attended was abusive to them not us he was abusive as they kept going to his property and he never owned the vehicle obviously .

they then stated that when the baliff attended on the 7th march he clamped the vehicle but because me & my husband verbally abused him in the street he removed the clamp when we proved we were not in they then said oh he was going to clamp the car but the vehicle was not there another lie the vehicle was sitting on the drive we was using my parents car.

they have also stated that i refused to let them post anything through my letterbox (how I did that god only knows) I have a metal post box outside my house !!!!!! which i unlock and get my post daily after being on the phone 6 hours they agreed to return my vehicle when my vehicle arrived back it had a warning sticker on saying I had to pay by today or the vehicle would be removed so they stuck the sticker on and removed the vehicle any way !!!!

This is just a big web of blatant lies I will be taking further action against Marstons but not sure how can anyone HELP !!!!! they have also refused to give me the baliffs names and certificate nos

The car is also registered to a disabled person and had blue badges displayed but they still removed the vehicle.
    Tags: None

Re: Marstons Baliffs

This thread is very similar JBW Group Bailiffs and Parking Fine - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Have a read, paying particular attention to posts 3 and 4 - this will give you everything you need.

Comment

Hi Amy thank you so much for that i have read the post I contacted the police and was told it was a civil matter nothing they could do, I was also told by camden council if I had paid the money i could not claim it back as it would be admitting responsibility on the pcn.I will take this further and will fill in form 4 not letting this go as this has been the longest day ever , I also had to pay careres to go and see to my mother as I had no vehicle to get to her. I also got a taxi to the local court to try see a magistrate with my paperwork and was told by the court this was not possible to take it up with the Baliffs

Comment

I would hold off on the Form 4 for the time being. Instead, you need to write a letter of complaint to your Police Force because this is not a civil matter, it is a criminal offence; your car has been stolen.

Also, as per post #4 of the link I gave you, you need to sue your council. Take a letter to them first thing tomorrow morning detailing your claim.

Comment

Re: Marstons Bailiffs

Hi

I have just checked the baliffs register and one of the baliffs has given me the wrong court for his certificate he has given me the correct name but the wrong court he said luton court when it is infact Hertford am I just picking or is this a bit suspect !!!!!

Comment

It's best to call the MOJ and check because the register can sometimes not be completely up to date. The number is in the bailiff guide.

Comment

Hi ty for reply Amy but need some HELP!!!!!! im really worried, my car has been returned letters have gone to where Amy advised waiting for outcome . My neighbour came over here this morning to advise me there was a bloke acting suspicousley outside my house yesterday morning and he was taking pictures of my car i have reported this to the police and my neighbour took the index no it turns out it was the baliff that illeagally removed my car Mr Bright the parking fine has been revoked by the court i owe nothing camden council have stated there is nothing to answer so why is he here taking pictures of my car I am really scared why is he here is it because i complained about him he has no other reason to be here. My husband works away this has me really spooked

Comment

Get another letter of complaint written and send it immediately to both the bailiff company and the council.

Bailiffs are expressly forbidden to behave in a threatening manner and since you are on your own in the house at present, you would come within the vulnerable category. They do not have any right to make you feel scared to be alone in your own home and you must complain and take it all the way.

Comment

Hi Amy Just wondered if you could help me with a letter to send to Camden council on the basis of my previous complaint want to carry this through sorry its took so long my mother has had a stroke so I have been caring for her. Not sure what i need to put in letter have spoken to them on the phone so they no what the problems are and it was them that ordered the return of my vehicle . They have stated they need it in writing but my heads in a whirl and dont know where to start !

Comment

Hi Amy
                    Just thought I would give you a update all the shannigans that have been going on with this bailiff and the lies that he has told a form 4 has been filed i have recieved his statement and have sent a response and attached all evidence I cant believe the blatant lies he has told , so waiting for a hearing date will update you soon. i will post copy of a letter that I sent to marstons they then refused to deal with me which is why I went ahead with the form 4

Many thanks again

Comment

letter to Marstons

Comment

Hi dawney 66 i had the same bailiff mr Bright from marstons and the lies he told me as well. Have looked to day on the bailiffs register and his name is no longer there as you can see for your self http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/C...=marston+group
                        May be he has been sacked he was there befor i looked him up ???
                        Last edited by 007shaun; 16th June 2011, 16:46:PM.

Comment

He had his license renewed at luton county court on 31st march , but have just been told by marstons solicitor if I continue with complaint they are going to hire a barrister and charge me costs

Comment

Originally posted by dawney66 View Post
                            He had his license renewed at luton county court on 31st march , but have just been told by marstons solicitor if I continue with complaint they are going to hire a barrister and charge me costs
                            Really?

How quaint...

That threat does rather sound like attempted blackmail.

Comment

Originally posted by dawney66 View Post

If they sent me a letter saying that i would wright back with the following.

"Thanks you for your letter dated (blah blah), As for your appointing a Barristor to represent you if i do not drop my claim, well it is always your perogative to appoint legal representation of your choice so i fail to see what point you were actually trying to make when you stated "you will hire a barrister and charge me costs". I therefore take your letter as being a threat and an attempt to presuade myself to drop my case against you. Perhaps you are unaware that costs can only be awarded by a court and therefore without such court order on cost you will have zero luck charging me for your costs. I would sure love to know how you intend to charge me for costs otherwise, when you have an indefenseable case. I.e. You stole my car, you simply can not deny that did not happen, hell not even a barristor can say it did not happen - So bring it on."

Personnally there letter informing you of the barristor is just an attempt to scare you off, end of day they know they going to lose so its in there interest to scare you off, its not however in their interest to employ a barristor when its clear they have a case they are likely to lose, as they would have such costs to pay themselves as well as paying your own legal costs for you should you win.
                              Last edited by teaboy2; 11th July 2011, 16:21:PM.
                              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X