• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What proof should THEY have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What proof should THEY have?

Hi All,

Still arguing with my council over CT and NNDR from 3 years ago. All levy fees refunded as they had no paperwork. Now I know if they visit me what paperwork I should have, but what should THEY be able to produce as proof of the visit? I can't believe just a note saying visited - client not in is sufficient. Should there be a carbon copy of what should have been posted through our door or something?

Any help appreciated, but needs to be accurate as arguing the point with CEO of council now as to whether or not I get further compensation.

Thanks!

Caspar
    Tags: None

Re: What proof should THEY have?

Bump

Comment

I know its not the same, but the DCAs i work for, we just circle an abort code and return the job sheet to office with date of visit and abort code ie gone away/not in/refusal etc.

Im sure these are destroyed, as ive often wrote contact numbers for the files and been unable to obtain them later.

Comment

Well if you know what paperwork you should have, then surely if you have it that's proof that they've visited? If you have no paperwork, then it's up to them to prove they visited, not you to prove they didn't.

Compensation for what? Them saying they visited when they didn't? If you have already had the charges refunded as they have no proof they visited, what other compensation can be expected?
        Is no longer here

Comment

Have you checked the website of the DCA's who say they have visited? You may find something on the site about anything they use. I found this little gem about Philips 'Technology' lol. Amazingly though they still can't provide me with proof of a visit, despite being asked for the proof twice to date.

Philips Technology: Doorstep Debt Collection Services: Philips Homecoll

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
            Well if you know what paperwork you should have, then surely if you have it that's proof that they've visited? If you have no paperwork, then it's up to them to prove they visited, not you to prove they didn't.

Compensation for what? Them saying they visited when they didn't? If you have already had the charges refunded as they have no proof they visited, what other compensation can be expected?
            What I'm saying is yes, it's up to them to prove they visited, but what sort of thing might one expect as proof. For example - they're supposed to leave me paperwork - would they be expected to have a carbon copy of this?

I've had some levy charges back, nothing for visits with no levy, nothing for two visits on the same day both charged.

More upset now that the council Head of Revenues has condoned their charges so have fired off a missive to the CEO. They cannot expect to give partial refunds when they can provide no evidence claiming it as a goodwill gesture. If they have no evidence, I should have a full refund of charges.

Comment

Well wait and see what they come up with and then see if it's plausible or not. Without the benefit of a crystal ball you don't know what they will produce until they produce it.
              Is no longer here

Comment

I haven't got crystal balls!

Comment

Well, I don't know what, but something is happening. Following my missive to the CEO I had a letter yesterday from the Head of Revenues admitting he had made serious errors in his reply to me and condoned fees that were in fact illegal. The matter has now been placed in the hands of their legal department for further advice.

We'll wait for the next thrilling installment, but something is obviously happening.

Comment

...or they are lying to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                      ...or they are lying to you.
                      Do you know what? That wouldn't surprise me. I think putting it in writing would be a bit silly at this stage though where we're so near reaching a final conclusion to all of this.

Time will tell!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X