• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent advice needed pls concerning Newlyn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice needed pls concerning Newlyn

Hi all this is my first time posting, have been a silent lurker the past few months and read some excellent advice.

My problem is with Newlyn on behalf of Hackney Council parking dept. I think i have exhausted all the avenues for appeals and my file was put on hold when i sent in an out of time appeal (sorry if i have not got that completely right) to Northampton and they refused my appeal, i had not received any letter from anyone telling me this, i heard this first from Newlyn then Hackney.
    Hackney told Newlyn to put my file on hold for 10 days from 26th Jan so till 6th feb.
    I received a letter today from Newlyn dated 9th Feb stating that last night they visited my property to identify my new vehicle and are awaiting conformation from the DVLA, they also state i owe 198.16 (was told by newlyn today that is including £11 for a letter) they state in the next 7 days they are coming to my home to remove my vehicle and goods)I have borrowed the money and can pay the full 198.16 but no more.

I rang Newlyn in such a panic and was told i now owe £400 so just over £200 charges have been since the 6th feb, i told them that they did not attend my property, they said they did and would of put a hand delivered letter trough my door, well there i can prove they are blatantly lying as i am registered disabled and very rarely leave the house, i also have 2 mouthy dogs who hear before any one comes any where in my driveway,they did not visit my home and are blatantly lying.

I rang consumer direct who advised me to call Hackney again and ask them to take back the warrant so that way i pay them and then Newlyn do not have an ative warrant,first hackney said they cant do that, then the girl went away and and came back and said she has passed it over to the debt dept and someone will contact Newlyn to see if they can verify they came to my house, then they will call me today.
    I dont think i have a chance as why should they not believe Newlyn as they chose to use that firm, so Newlyn will just lie to them the same way they lied to me so what chance do i have there.

I am really not well and have been in tears all morning, my car is not a mobility car but a registered disabled logbook and disabled tax. I stupidly said to the girl that they cant take my car and she then said we cant take it but we can clamp it, that is my only form of independence and i can not be without it, is that true that they can clamp a registered disabled car.

Sorry if i have rambled on and on but i am so distressed i do not know what to do, so any advice would be truly appreciated.
    Thanks and take care
    Rochelle.
    Last edited by Roch; 14th February 2011, 10:57:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent advice needed pls concerning Newlyn

Hiya Roch and welcome to Legal Beagles.

This isn't an area that I have much experience with but I am sure that someone will be along to give you some advice shortly.

I just wanted to post up a quick note to let you know that you were not being ignored.

Regards Budgie

Comment

Hi Budgie ty for posting x

Comment

Hi Roch,

I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you, but in the meantime have a look at this thread.

JBW took Disabled drivers car - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Did you send an Out of Time because you did not receive the original fine?

Have a read here and consider sending the SAR the bailiff guide mentions Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X