• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent, please help me again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent, please help me again

Is it worth speaking to the local CAB they may be able to get some benefit or look at what you are enitled to . Was your dad in the forces or in a union if so try and speak to them there ma be some help available if only a listening ear. Also if you are your father's only care you amy be entitled to be moved with him into a alrger social housing property.
    SPeak to the warden explain the situation and see what they may be ableto do .

Comment

Hello all,

Miraculously, I received a letter from Bryan Carter this morning - and a payment card. I wasn't sure if I should still send the N245 form to Northampton and so phoned them. They cannot see any sign of the warrant. I phone BC and was told they had accepted my offer. I cannot tell you how relieved I am.

They did try to get me to sign up to a recurring direct debit - in fact the chap was quite aggressive - I began giving my bank details and then remembered a piece on You and Yours, or one of the other consumer programmes, warning how it is impossible to ever cancel this form of direct debit. So, fortunately, I didnt fall for that one. I'm safer using the payment card and using cash, I think.

So, hopefully, providing I stick to my payments, I should be OK - I hope.

I'm so sorry if I sounded hysterical last night - I was hysterical. I feel as if I've been punched in the stomach and I'm absolutely washed out but my head is almost back to normal.

Thank you again, I really cannot express my gratitude. I shall also follow your other pieces of advice on SARs, the council etc. I just need a day for my head to get completely back into place.

Thank you again. XXX

Comment

glad you've managed to get some sort of arangemetn in place but you still be well advised rto follow up on thelinks posted

Comment

I would also suggest that you ask them to put their agreement of the payment arrangement in writing.

Comment

Well done. I would still send the N245 to the court for formal redetermination as BC aren't known for keeping their word. Start making the payments with the payment card while it's going through. On the form you can now state that BC has agreed and has sent you a payment card and it should go through without a hearing, BC may still decide to refuse to accept it - as he won't be able to threaten you again if you have it formally determined, but he won't get far.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you yet again.

I had a suspicion it would be wise to still submit the N245, except the person I spoke to at Northampton today maintained there was no longer a warrant. However, I shall follow your advice on this, as well as the other pointers.

I know BC must be a bit dodgy from the way they tried to coerce me into the recurring direct debit - and the way the operator became quite aggressive when I said I wanted to think about it first.

So thanks, will do.

Feeling so much better - I can even manage to post a smilie (if it works!).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X