• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Philips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
    Seems to me you are handling this fine
    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
      I agree.

Thanks, but it's only because yourself and others have empowered me with knowledge and instilled confidence into me.

Comment

Quick update:

I contacted Trading Standards regarding harassment calls Philips are making (36 since the 21st January) Trading Standards passed me over to Consumer Direct. I've just had a reply from Consumer Direct telling me they are passing it over to Trading Standards,

Comment

I've just received this email from Consumer Direct in relation to my disputing the charges Philips are saying I should pay.

Dear *******,

Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct dated 07/02/11. Your reference number for this case is ******** and should be quoted in all further correspondence regarding this case.

As the charge Philips is attempting to pursue is disputed, I would advise writing to the company by recorded delivery. Your letter should explain that you dispute the charge and that you are refusing to pay. You may also explain that you fell there actions constitute an unfair and aggressive practice under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Assuming Philips are not pursuing an existing county court judgement, Philips may only attempt to enforce payment by issuing a court claim against you.

If you need further advice on this case please call 0845 404 05 06 for immediate assistance from one of our advice team. Alternatively you could look at our website, www.consumerdirect.gov.uk
          As I've already done as they suggest following advice on here, I presume now it's just a case of seeing what Philips do next.

Comment

I would email them back, point out that you have already done what they are suggesting, and ask what they suggest you do next.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
              I would email them back, point out that you have already done what they are suggesting, and ask what they suggest you do next.
              Thanks, Wendy, I'll do that.

Comment

Just had a phone call from Trading Standards. They're looking into my case and they may want me to make a statement. I've been to told to keep all letters and log all calls, which I do anyway. The lady said she'd just looked on Philips website and it seem there is some problem with the logo they are using, I don't know what but they are looking into that also.

Comment

An interesting read:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/op...moretopstories

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post

That's very interesting indeed. Could the net finally be closing in on this Company?

Thanks for that link, Angry Cat x

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs James View Post
                      That's very interesting indeed. Could the net finally be closing in on this Company?

Thanks for that link, Angry Cat x
                      The article was in last Sunday's, Mail on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                        The article was in last Sunday's, Mail on Sunday.

So, recent. I do hope something can be done about them. Thanks again.

Comment

Not sure where to post this, but it's worth a read.

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/...6_bailiffs.pdf

Comment

Just a quick update, after all the help you've given me I don't want you to think I've just disappeared without a word.

Well after Trading Standards contacted me the 'phone calls from Philips have stopped. Don't know if it's related but it's a relief in itself. Not had any more letters either so it just a case of wait and see I suppose.

Comment

Hi,

I need some more advice please. This morning I received a 'Notice of intention to enter & search your premises' letter. The letter states that their removal Bailiffs have the power to enter my property by force if necessary, to execute Warrants as per sch 4A Magistrates Court Act 1980 as inserted by Sch of DVCA Act 2004.

I phoned the Court yet again to complain only to be told that Philips do indeed have the power to enter my home by force if necessary, even though there is no longer a Distress Warrant against me and I don't owe the Court anything. The Court have basically said it's between myself and Philips now. Also I'm confused as the court has previously told me that they don't have the power to enter my home.

I'm a little worried now, can anyone advise please?
                              Last edited by Mrs James; 24th February 2011, 11:23:AM.

Comment

The bailiffs cannot use the original fine warrant to force entry into your house to collect their fees. They would have to go through the whole court process again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X