• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW extortionate charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW extortionate charges

Hello

Could someone nudge me in the right direction in dealing with these sharks? My husband has 2 PCN notices (TFL congestion charges) which were passed to JBW group and they sent us 2 demands for £198.16 dated 12 and 17 November 2010. As my husband was unemployed at the time, I called JBW on 19 November and made an immediate online payment of £51.18 (they charged the £1.18 for a debit card payment) with a commitment to pay further instalments from January 2011 as he was hoping to commence work then. They asked to see his Jobseekers claim which I duly posted to them at the beginning of December. I received no receipt for the payment or confirmation of payment plan arrangements.
    I returned home today to find a scruffy enforcement notice in the letterbox saying that the agent visited today with the intention of seizing and/or removing goods and they demanded immediate payment of £769.87!
    They have locked us out of the online payment facility stating that we now have to deal with the agent, a Mr Peter Faulkner.
    I do not wish to deal or speak with Mr Faulkner and have no intention of allowing him in or near our home.
    Of course, we accept that we must pay the remaining outstanding fines (£198.16 and £148.16) and are happy to do so but I'm damned if we should be so excessively overcharged, just as we're getting back on our feet and we had made an arrangement to pay.
    Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thankyou
    Tags: None

Re: JBW extortionate charges

Have a good read here of our bailiff guide:-
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=14113

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X