• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales Bailiff Removal Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales Bailiff Removal Notice

Hi, I have found this forum while madly searching for help with a situation I have. On Friday afetrnoon, when I was at work, a Rossendales Bailiff called to my home re. unpaid council tax. We originally signed a walking possession order (with a different chap) back in June, but have since been unable to keep up with the repayments. We telephoned Rossenales about this and asked to reduce the payment and were told that someone would get back to us. We (unfortunately) invited the bloke in, and he stated that there are three orders against us, that he would have to take all of our belongings to try and cover one (even though our total eligible belongings would not even fetch enough to cover the van fees), and that he would have no option but to call for an arrest warrant for myself and my wife for the other two. The only way to avoid this would be to pay nearly £800 by the end of Monday, which we cannot do. After I started questioning him about the warrants and the powers that he claimed to have, he left, but did not leave any paperwork to confirm his entry into the house. - Is there any way to suspend the liability Order, or prvent him coming back. As he left no confirmation of his visit, can I deny him entry?

Panicking....Help!
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendales Bailiff Removal Notice

How much council tax do you owe? How much have you paid? How much of what you owe is Rossendales fees?

Do you have any proof of what he said to you?

Have a read of our guide, if you haven't already done so Bailiff Issues - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and also check to see if this bailiff is certificated.

Comment

I don't know how much we owe in total. There have been several times where we have had probelms with being able to pay. I have written to the council for a breakdown of what we owe, what we have paid etc, but I only did this yesterday. I have no proof of what was said, only the witness of my sister and brother in law.
      We have paid £62 when the last chap attended back in June, but realised straight away that we would have trouble meeting the proposed installments, and informed Rossendales immediately

Comment

You need to follow up your request to the council for the total of what you owe with a complaint about this bailiff.

It is not a crime to be unable to pay your council tax, it is only a crime if you refuse to pay it and your council have a duty to help you if you are unable to make the payments. Therefore, you cannot be arrested for this.

You should also send a SAR to Rossendales.

Comment

The letter has been sent and will send a complaint also, but the bloke is coming tomorrow. We are going staright to the court in the morning to apply for a DRO, and to see if they can suspend the order. My brother in law will be here looking after our two year old son. Can the bailiffs legally forcefully break into the house under these circumstances?

Comment

Are you applying for a DRO solely on the basis that you cannot afford your council tax?

If you have read the bailiff guide, you will know that it is possible for the bailiff to break in since you have allowed him peaceful entry but you will also know that is very rare.

Have you checked to see if he is certificated yet?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X