• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help Needed With Equita

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed With Equita

I need some urgent help as I am in despair. My nightmare is a yellow box, TFL and PCN issued by them.
    It happened in Cromwell Road/Earls Court Road (south box) on 12/05/2010 at 7.01 am. I had a clear exit from box junction but the vehicle in front of me (from my right side) pooled to left blocking my route. There was not enough space between that vehicle and lorry on my left for me to leave junction without stopping. I was stationery for a few seconds and didn't block any traffic flow. I received a PCN on 18/05/2010. I appealed against it by email on 01/06/2010. I didn't hear anything from TFL so I emailed them again on 29/07/2010 asking why there was no response for my previous correspondence (and paste the first email into it as well). I didn't hear anything again (no emails, letters or phone calls). I presumed my case was successful and drooped by TFL (now I know how stupid that presumption was, but I never received or appealed against any PCN before). This morning I was approached by Equita bailiffs trying to seize my car for that PCN!!! I almost had a heart attack. I called my partner straight away (and she does have an attitude) to help me out. Of course they didn't even want to hear, that I have appealed against that penalty to TFL and requested immediate payment of £537.75 (NUTTERS!!!!!!!!!!). If TFL would send me a rejection letter, I would pay the bloody PCN without embarrassment and stress caused by bailiffs. My partner told them, that I will not pay them a penny and they cannot seize my car, as I need it for work (I am self employed carpenter) and besides the car is not worth even half of the money they are requesting. After a few minutes of arguments with them, they gave me Notice of Seizure and inventory of goods and told me, they will call tomorrow to collect the money. I have called TFL to find out, why sending bailiffs without any warning. They didn't really want to talk to me, repeating, that I have to seek legal help now and they can't do anything for me. When asked, why no response for my correspondence, they said they post it to me. BUT I NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING FROM THEM APART FROM PCN. After a few minutes of pointless conversation I asked where and how I supposed to sort it out, that rude ass told me to 'Google it'. I almost cried but I did search for help online. This is how i get to your web site. Hours of research later, this is what I decided. I will fill up Statutory Declaration out of time (PE2 & PE3), signature of it witnessed at my local court and post it via recorded delivery to TEC. I contacted Equita already, to let them know what I am doing. Can bailiffs still try to recover that ridiculous amount while I am waiting for a court decision??? What else can I do to sort this out? I really feel low and depressed because of that situation. I don't understand why TFL didn't contact me to either reject my appeal or to let me know they cancelled PCN. I know now, not to make any assumptions and have everything in writing, but I am not willing to pay for that mistake to bloodsucking bailiffs.
    Please help!
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent Help Needed With Equita

Have a read of this:

Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Re: Urgent Help Needed With Equita

Thank you Caspar. I am new here and trying to find my way

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X