• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wends Mate v Equita/ Bham City Council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wends Mate v Equita/ Bham City Council

UPDATE:

It seems that my Threatogram to Equita may have done the trick....apparently Equita have sent someone round to her house to discuss, and Equita have agreed the £10 per month payment, and have also said that as they had given her so much grief she will not have to pay their charges, just pay what is outstanding for the Council Tax. She has very sensibly asked them to confirm this in writing.

I will get the full story tonight so will post up tomorrow.

So, not quite "settled" or "won" yet, I've told her not to throw the party till the letter is received, but nearly there??
    Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
      ....apparently Equita have sent someone round to her house to discuss...
      I hope she didn't let them in.

Other than, well done, but don't forget the council's role in all of this...

Comment

Well I hope she didn't let them in, too, cos if she did they'll probably send a fabricated walking possession. I will interrogate her tonight over a glass of wine....

No, I haven't forgotten the council's part in this and hopefully I will be writing a very strong letter to them. End if the day though I'll go with what Di wants to do as it's her situation to call the shots on.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Well I hope she didn't let them in, too, cos if she did they'll probably send a fabricated walking possession.
          They most certainly will.

End if the day though I'll go with what Di wants to do as it's her situation to call the shots on.
          Surely, the point is that she does not know what she is doing or she would not have asked for help in the first place and she would not have got this far without your help. So if you tell her what to do, I am sure she will listen and be more than happy to be lead by you.

Unfortunately, most of the time, despite what you try and convey to people, they still will ultimately believe they have got through because they are in the right. However, with people like bailiffs this is simply not possible and just because the bailiffs may have put right what they did wrong does not make everything alright.

Comment

Amy,
            Sorry, I've been away for a few days. Looks like you're being a massive help so just wanted to say thanks. I always think when you write to help one person you're probably helping loads of others in a similar situation as well. Thank you.
            David xxx

Comment

Well I do try.

Comment

Well to cut a long story short, Di was expecting a visitor so when the doorbell rang she opened it...to find a bailiff, who fortunately identified himself as such. Di being Di, and with the benefit of our wisdom, immediately came outside onto the step and locked the door behind her, telling him anything he wanted to say he could say outside as no way was she letting him into her house. He showed her a copy of the council's Liability Order and said that he was legally allowed to get a locksmith, come back with a van and force entry. At which point she told him he was talking garbage and he had no right of entry without a warrant, never mind he had no valid walking possession or levy in place, so he could bring a whole fleet of vans if he wanted but he still wasn't setting foot over her doorstep. When I say she told him he was talking garbage you must realise at this point that this is the cleaned up version. Suffice it to say she was very firm and took no prisoners. Anyway, he gave her the usual rubbish but she stood firm and told him to bog off. She did say he took loads of notes and was very reasonably behaved, not abusive in any way, and appeared quite sympathetic to the way she had been treated. He also gave her his name etc etc. Anyway, he came round to her way of thinking in the end, and agreed to accept a payment of £10 per month and get all charges dropped, apart from the first 2 visit charges. She told him to put that in writing and once she had it she'd send the first payment. He said he needed a payment now, and couldn't she invite him in to discuss it over a cup of coffee?? LMFAO!!! She thanked him very nicely but told him she wasn't lonely or desperate enough for company to need to share her kitchen with a bailiff. He said it needed sorting out quickly, to which she replied that the quicker she had it all in writing, the quicker they would get their first payment.

So off he trekked back to Equita land...we await further developments. But tomorrow we will be emailing, faxing and posting a letter to them, detailing everything he said and requesting confirmation in writing of the instalment plan. Of course this will be copied to Birmingham City Council also.

He did tell her that the emails, letters etc that people send in, Equita just put straight through the shredder....I am saving that little gem up for future reference.

I've told her that we are going to put a formal complaint in to the council but at the moment she says she doesn't care who she pays the instalments to as long as it ends up paid with no ridiculous charges. To be honest, and I know me and Amy differ on this, I agree with her at this point, as long as it's paid it's one less thing to worry about. She also has a lot of other stuff on her plate atm which I won't go into on here, so am not going to push it for the time being.

She did ask me to pass on thanks to everyone who's helped, especially Amy x
                Is no longer here

Comment

She is very, very welcome. She's a nice lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                    She is very, very welcome. She's a nice lady.
                    She is, ( although "lady" is pushing it a bit lol) and one of my closest friends, although when we first met each other we didn't really get on...... she thought I was a stuck up mouthy cow and I thought she was a gobby Brummie bitch (which she is, actually lol). We've been quite close for about 3 years or so and I know she would do anything she could to help me out, if the need ever arose, except give me money, which is a bit of a bummer really cos I don't have any...but that's only because she's got even less than me! She is suh as good mate that she has even offered to make a Jamaican mutton curry for my conservatory p iss up next week, and pass it off as all my own work
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
                      Amy,
                      Sorry, I've been away for a few days. Looks like you're being a massive help so just wanted to say thanks. I always think when you write to help one person you're probably helping loads of others in a similar situation as well. Thank you.
                      David xxx

yes she's such a sweetie isn't she........
                      Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X