• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

rundle & co baliffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rundle & co baliffs

I am having problems with a baliff from rundle & co.
    went to work on tuesday and when got home found attendance notice, spoke to baliff next day, debt on letter stated bill of £1700 re council tax owed, said i would gladly forward cheques post dated for every month untill it paid off.
    He then informed me there was also a bill for £2100 for previous year and that i had to pay that as well I said i couldn't pay in full for that one, he said he will accept some offer on first one but he would still remove goods for other debt.
    If he removed goods to half the value of debt he would then be prepared for me to pay of the rest in instalments.
    I have to phone him back today before 13.00pm with a decision to what i am going to do.
    I have emailed the council to ask for there help and have not received a reply as yet.
    can someone help me please.

Re: rundle & co baliffs

Have you let this bailiff into your property?

If not, keep him out and never telephone him again. Have a read here for further information Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Do not phone the bailiff. If you have to make any phone calls then make them to the Council, who will be able to advise how much you actually owe and for what years. But really its best to put everything in writing.

Do not just take the bailiff's word for how much you owe, it is a well known fact that bailiffs lie and inflate debts to earn their money. You will know if the bailiff is lying - his lips will be moving.

I suggest you send a SAR to Rundle and Co, it can be found in a sticky at the top of this forum.

Contact the council and make an arrangement to pay, with them.

Above all, do not let the bailiff in to your property under any circumstances, do not even open the door to him, do not sign anything either.
      Is no longer here

Comment

thanks for the messages in answer i have only spoken to him once on the phone.
        other than that i have not had any contact with the baliff on the day he came no-one was in.
        I have emailed the council but as yet have had no reply, just requesting there help and a brief outline of what happened on wednesday with baliff.

Comment

Don't worry about him taking your goods, he knows this is not going to happen. However, you should complain about this to the council as he is not allowed to threaten you and misrepresent his powers like this.

If you need any help with this then let us know.

Comment

once my daughter heads off to college i will be phoning the council, under to much stress at moment and don't want kids to worry about what is going on.
            Whole thing is affecting my work and have already been to a bad place with depression and don't really want to go back there if i can help it.
            will post outcome about councils reply soon

Comment

managed to talk to a recovery officer at council explained situation to him about baliff, he was prepared to listen to what happened the other day.
              now waiting for a call back from council with regards to investigating events.
              Here's hoping he can help on my behalf.

Comment

council won't help but they did ring baliff who changed his story. now going to rmt union for legal advice from them but got to wait till monday for booked call back from solicitor via union so as advised by amy i will not be calling the baliff back today
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                just to let you know the council phoned the baliff he changed his story about amount owed.
                the council are not going to intervene now so i have asked for legal advice from the rmt union which i am a member and as you stated i will not be calling the baliff back today eventhough the council said i should.
                Last edited by kaz kaz; 10th September 2010, 11:46:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Did you read the bailiff guide I posted up for you earlier?

You might think your story is unique, but it really isn't. You're not the first and you most certainly will not be the last to face bailiff problems. I understand that it must be difficult for you but if you read around this forum you will find a wealth of information, which will in turn better able you to deal with this.

You need to stop telephoning local council workers who don't know how to do their job, much less have any interest in doing it correctly, you need to write.

What have you received from the council about the amount you owe?

You also need to check if this bailiff is certificated and once you are armed with the necessary facts, you need to write a letter of complaint to the council and as I said earlier this morning, if you need any help, then please just ask.

Comment

I have read the guide which helped alot and also hopefully I will be getting some help from the union legal team got appointment monday with them.
                    when the council spoke to the baliff he changed his story, the council said to phone him again which I didn't do.
                    The second bill which the baliff said was £2100. was not correct it turned out to be £1500.
                    so they did help with some usefull info.
                    You're help has been brilliant and has guided me along the right lines and I can't thankyou enough for that.

Comment

You're very welcome.

What are the council going to do about this bailiff who is lying about the amounts he needs to collect from debtors because you can bet your life, you're not the only one he has done this to?

That's a pretty healthy profit margin for him and this is only on one year's liability.

Comment

the council pretty much said they couldn't do anything about baliff and told me to ring him to discuss payment.
                        I have not done as they suggested and have asked for help from the legal department of my union.
                        It is funny how when quizzed by someone a baliff will change his story and then say i must have miss heard what he said, like i would really do that.
                        I am hoping that the union will write my letters to the council for me as this is part of the service they provide to there members.
                        Also just remembered to say that the baliff does show up on the records of certification as okay and working for rundle & co.
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Just had an after thought as well.
                        Am i correct in saying that there is a code of conduct for baliffs and that there is a part on there about vunarable persons.
                        If so I wondered if the fact i am a type 2 diabetic taking regular medication and holding a medical exemption certificate qualifies me under this catagory.
                        Last edited by kaz kaz; 12th September 2010, 06:34:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

unfoirtunatly bailiffs will say anything to worm thier way out of trouble Earlier this year Marstons paid me a visit for a debt my son owed for non payment of car tax saw that the house was up for sale and actually contacted my then estate agents to try and embarrass me into contact them to force me to pay for a debt not mine He never knocked or left anything other than a postcard. When I called them all he did was argue and threaten when told by me that speaking about a debt to a Third Party he was breaking DPA laws then said he only contacted the agent because he thaught the house was a vacant property. hard to beelive as at the time my partner was home cat at window car down drive. Got no apoplogy for him though just a dissapointed grunt but he never returned .

as for vunarable possibly unsure of this as I suffer from severe Thyroid problems (stopped working) and again myself holding a medical cert and on lifetime medication. I did read that my condition is classed as a disability as I am on lifelong drugs something for us to look into me thinks to see if diabetes is classified in the same was as neither condition affects work availibility.
                          sigpic

Comment

hello messimoo
                            i am still working but know for certain that i am covered by the disabilities at work act, because of this there is a good chance that we should be classed as vunarable persons.
                            Ihave learn't from many people over the last couple of days that baliffs will pull any stunt to get there commission and thanks to very helpfull advice I feel a bit happier than I did on friday.
                            Here's hoping that my legal advice will come through for me and that they will not say as i hear all the time well you put yourself in this position so thanks but no thanks.

Comment

good luck hope it all works out for you keep us posted on how you get along.
                              sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X