• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can you provide solicitor details?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you provide solicitor details?

I am trying to find a solicitor who is adept with bailiff law.

Could anyone help?

I will now provide a couple of posts with details of what happened and what has happened since...
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    This is from another forum I posted a few months ago.

From this I was intercepted by someone who claimed to want to help me.

However I have had my reservations due to details I have uncovered since that time and they way they convey themselves in this case plus some troubling details have her history and asscociations with the Debt Company involved.

Here is the post of what happened:

For a simple
    parking ticket I contested the council involved acquired the services of a debt company called JBW Group. They then appointed a bailiff and a friend to visit my property.

I was in my front garden when they entered my front gate. They did not announce they were bailiffs and as there were two of them I turned to step inside my door. With my back turned to them I was struck from behind and hit my wooden stairs hard. Thinking I was being burgled I turned and grabbed a guy much bigger then me and rammed him against a wall INSIDE my house. When he then explained he was a bailiff I let him go.

They took:

Litespeed Ocoee Custom built Mountain Bike (cost today £6000)
    Samsung LCD LE40A656 TV (cost £1300)
    Panasonic Blu-Ray Player BD-30 (cost £350 few months old!)
    Omega Seamaster Watch (worth £500+ but I told them I paid 120)
    Toshiba Upscaler DVD (cost £60)

Their invoice reads:

Ocoee Rally Bike (RRP£2000) sold £400 (!?!?!?!)
    Large TV sold £200
    Omega Seamaster Watch sold £120 (odd as thats what I said i paid!)
    Toshiba DVD Upscaler sold £10 (fantastic as it was cheap rubbish)
    DVD Player sold £5 (five pounds! award winning player 6 months old and had JUST come available when I bought it!!)

All items were purchased new and all receipts. The bike was famous and only on of its kind!! It appears in a copy of What Mountain Bike Magazine with my name printed above it asthe owner and the shed it was leaning against was in my front garden.

They left me a phone number to pay that did not exist. The bailiff, a Mr Reeves, also wrote down his number but one of the numbers was unreadable!! So I made him write them down again on the bottom of the paperwork (clear to be seen!!)I tried to contact them several times to no avail. When i did get sent a phone number two days before the deadline I rang the number to make payments. They refused to take payment as I needed to contact the bailiff, which I had tried. The told me they were NOT rsponsible for the sale of the goods (though copy of the invoices I have contradicts this).

I suffered from severe stress and took two overdoses and the second time ended up in hospital. I phoned the Police on the day and they were crap, as was my GP. I also contracted Swine Flu within 5 days of the bailiffs visit. When the Police did come round they told me it was my word aginst theirs so as there was two of them I was up a creek. So I set about planning just how I was going to prve they were crooks but did not know how. Then, by chance, the very store that built the bike for me had a phonecall from someone that spotted it in an auction. Due to the very expensive nature of the bike he was shocked that hsi friends had built it as they had never built one before and rang them about it. Hearing why it was there they were so shocked they offered to buy it back, but when the store realised he onl ad a £1000 on him they laughed and said he would ned double that but to keep an eye on it. He did and I know it sold for £2,750!!! But the invoice I have here states that it sold for £400!!! Also as I understand it it was also a completely different auction to the one they claim to have sold it at.

I tried to get a solicitor involved over the assault but to no avail. I did get a Police reference number and Crime Number for the incident. I sent a stream of letters to the debt compay and they finally sent me a bailiffs report and a copy of the invoice for the auction. The report is full of mistakes and lies that are easily disproven. They got the date wrong they attended my property. They also made the serios error of NOT admitting to assaulting me but not being abe to resist stating that I assaulted them, something I was banking on. According to them I ran away inside my house when they announced they were bailiffs, yeah right, but left my door wide open for them to enter peacefully but when they did it was THEN that I attacked them grabbing him by the throat with my right hand.

Unbelievably brain dead. Plus it was actually my left hand as my right hand, along with my right knee ankles, feet and back, all suffer from physical problems and experience pain, been on medical record for years!

The claimed they called the Police, they did nothing of the kind. He admits I did show him the bike in the magazine (one of a kind bike only one like it in the country, possibly the world) but he could not be sure it was th same bike! Yeah right.

The letter from JBW Group actually states every item in detail, manufacturer etc, but fail to notice that their list doe not coincide with the invoice, nor the fact the bailiff got the date wrong. But I had pretty much figured that JBW Group were crooked too as they ignored dozens of attempts at contact, by both email and letter and stated they had no record o being contacted by me. Very bad for a organisation granted with those kin of powers!!

Community Legal Advice misquoted the law to me! Stating it was perfectly OK to be knocked on your arse from behind by a bailiff and told me, in the early days, I had no case!!

You write to solicitors and 10%, by email, you contact come back email address not valid!! About 2% actually gve you the curteousy of a reply. The rest of the lazy, good for nothing people do not even bother to answer you!! I have worked as a PA to a solicitor and quite honestly I do NOT like them. They seem to think that there degreees are different to hos of others and always seem aloof and looking down there noses at people. One I wored for wanted to be paid £100 per hour just to fill in forms!! Anything to do with appearing in court they did NOT want to know!

I have been asking JBW Group for the names of the industries/Ombudsman that govern debt collectors and bailiffs but have recieved no answer as yet, surprise surprise!!

Sorry about the length, I have left out alot of detail and facts involved but I wanted you to know the size of the problem I have and the amount of money I have been robbed for! Fine was £550. I calculate they sold my belongings for around £4000. They claim to have recieved £735 for eveything and I am due no refunds! LOL.

Does anyone any where have any information or any advice? This would be very much appreciated!!

I have been working hard and beavering away because i do not want these people to get away with it.

I fact I WILL NOT let them get away with it, but I want to do it legally through te courts. But it seems you need money to enforce the laws in this country!!

Well I know the facts and I will NEVER let this go now, now that I know what these people are.

Oh I did write to BBC watchdog and hey sent me a letter. I need to send them the details of latest developments.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by allnights; 12th August 2010, 12:33:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Can you provide solicitor details?

Hiya, I have read your post before somewhere a while ago as I remember looking up your bike on the web, also can guess to whom you refer with the help offered you are not sure of, but that is not for me to pass comment.

You want to take JBW through the courts for the return of the difference in sums of what they claim to have received for the goods and what you believe them to be worth ?

What had happened (in a bit more detail) in the run up to the visit from JBW ? Had they made any previous visits, had there been any court hearings prior, what grounds were you originally challenging the PCN on ? (though I realise this is more about the actions of the bailiff than the actual PCN).

Might help x
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So...

I have a witness. WHo has since become impossible to get hold of.

I have an email from the store that sold the bike claimig the bike sold for £2750, though the witness confirmed the actual sale price as £2,800 when a friend and I met him in the store.

The ties between the auction house and debt company have been severed since I caused a bit if a stir with both of them and online

The individual who claimed to handle this failed to tell me from the outset that she was not a solicitor. I have since found out that they endorsed a publication by the very debt company they are figthing against for me!?!?

The debt company refused to send me a Subject Access Request and sent back my £10 P Order I still have. Plus I have the receipts for this.

I have all paperwork and invoices and letters.

Long after the SAR deadline I recieved a Screenshot, possible SAR, from the debt company. This has loads of inaccuracies on it and outright lies. Has some very odd dates on the screenshot I can not quite make out.

The council were NOT registered with the High Commissioners Office for the Management and Enforcement of Parking.

At the time I had mental health issues, several physical pains.

My health suffered quite severely, was not good when I was assaulted. I have since been in hospital and under a psychiatrist. My back has been insufferable, my painful knee has been far worse since then and left me immobile. Since been diagnosed as having a torn meniscus, MRI Scan awaiting appointment letter.

It also caused a great deal of indifference with friends and family. Who quite simply did not believe that someone could behave this way who are proected by the law and a simple parking ticket.

Now after my painstaking crusade for justice and the constant digging and threats I have managed to acquire a great deal of things, mainly without even leaving my house!!

A very recent conversation with a family member, plus the explaining of bailiff laws from a book I know own, my family and friends are now becoming increasingly agitated, motivated and vocal about all this. NOW in the horror of what actually did happen and the fact that I have discovered laws on bailiffs that everyone, including every single solicitor I have contacted, and the Citizens Advice by their own admission, they have now become determined that I need help. Due to my limited mobility and the difficulties in actually enforcing the law, especially with bailiffs or you are poor, there is a rally about to take place.

Members of my family are coming together to raise money to fund a 'decent' solicitor!

Now can anyone actually provide me with any details of solicitors who have a good reputation? Especially in this area but not completely necessary.

One solicitor out of 200 I contacted was extrememly nice, 90% do not even ggive you the courtesty of an answer, reminds me of a Stephen Fry joke on an episode of QI! This very nice and polite solicitor actually reffered to my case as a 'Cause Celebre'.

I would be mos grateful for anyone who can provide useful advice on this.

Many thanks for reading and I appreciate anyonewho has taken the time to do so.

Martin
      oh hello

no there was nothing prior to their visit

I did have a single bailiff knock a year before hand, explained the parking ticket was contested over health issues and heard no more until they turned up and took everything

bear in mind they also left me a phone number to pay that didnt exist and could not get an answer from bailiff on his mobile

plus the phone number to pay that came through the door by hand was pointless as they refused payment by card over the phone

evrything you look at regarding all this was just crooked
      basically i believe the person that intercepted me is paid to do so, waste time, gather details

I also believe theres is a possibility the witness wass paid off, or threatened, as seems to be customary in my findings

only reason i started the thread really was that instead of fighting this with no money in the past that is now about to change

I am intrigued by your statement about possibly knowing the individual claiming to help me lol

you would have to tell me more, though privately might be a good thing

in all honesty when I tell people about this person they are in absolute shock and they apologised as in the beginning when I started to get suspicious as they thought I was being paranoid and told me I was impetient, now they have all apologised and think this individual should NOT be allowed to do what they do

though I must stress its only a theory and the events and things they have said and done seem to strongly support my theory lol
      Last edited by allnights; 12th August 2010, 13:02:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

thank you for your reply amethyst

Comment

no probs, I'm not the best person to help you as bailiffs isnt my area, just found your case interesting the last time I read it and good to see you havent given up the fight. Are you not eligible for legal aid or does that not cover these kind of circumstances?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X