• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN error then bailiffs arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN error then bailiffs arrived

Okay I received a PCN via cctv from Camden for mistakenly stopping on a bus stop for a matter of seconds.

I didn't receive the first one and so when I received the second it said I had no right of appeal. I was a bit fed up about this and put it to one side stupidly which then led to a court notice for failure to pay. This then woke me up and I entered a late online appeal application anyway in hope of some sensbility.

So that's the background. The real reason for posting is this:

I heard nothing back from them for a while so emailed and received an email back on 21 June stating:

'currently investigating your case and will write to you shortly to inform you of the outcome of his investigation. I can verify that your case is currently on hold and the charge will not increase'.

I therefore rightly believe that I am waiting on them and no current action is required from myself.

However, 29 July very early morning bailiffs arrived at my house and inform me that my car has been clamped and will be removed within 30 minutes if I don't pay them. Obviously my reasonable pleas that there has been an error are completely ignored so I am bullied into paying to prevent them removing my car. They claim a notice was put through my door the previous day - it absolutely was not.

When Camden offices open I telephone them. They confirm my case is due to be reviewed the following week. When I explain what has happened they apologise and say they will find out what has gone wrong and contact me about a refund on Monday. So I'm very unhappy but at least satisfied I didn't owe the extortionate sum claimed by the bailiffs.

Shockingly what has happened today is an email from them saying:

'I note that I stated in correspondence sent 21/6 that the case was on hold. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for this oversight.'
    'As the council is not prepared to withdraw the PCN, and payment has now been made, the council would not be prepared to offer a refund of monies already paid'.

The increase in costs from the court order, 'on hold and the charge will not increase', to the bailiffs visit was £264.61

It cannot possibly be right on any level that I should pay this sum of money due to Camden's error. Had I not been bullied into it on my doorstep then I would never have paid across the monies anyway. Please kindly someone advise my best course of action here.

I paid with my credit card hoping I may have some comeback should Camden let me down (as they indeed have).

The Notice of Seizure states:

Penalty charges/inc court fee £185
    Bailiffs attendance costs 124.95
    Attendance to remove/removal costs £100.00
    VAT £39.37
    Card Handling £13.46

I asked why they hadn't just knocked on my door in the first place rather than profiteering further by putting on a clamp first. His answer was to refer to the alleged visit the day before.

I only paid the amount because they caught me half awake and in shock but mostly because I felt safe the money was not actually due at the time.

Many thanks

Re: PCN error then bailiffs arrived

Sorry sad, I'm just bumping this for you for help from anyone who understands the parking ticket side of things (I don't I'm afraid) xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: PCN error then bailiffs arrived

Have a read here of post #2 Marston Group - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Come back and ask whatever you need.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X