• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Group

I have this week (28/7/10) had my third extremely unpleasant encounter with a representative of the Marston Group. He has stated that he has the right to force entry into my home to seize goods for a bounced cheque which my son issued for for car tax. This happened in 2009 and my son no longer lives at our address but attended when the Bailiff/enforcement officer arrived to try to resolve the matter and explain the situation. The Marston representative refused a part payment by debit card, a cheque in the full amount or any further time to pay despite the fact that we had no warning of the visit or any letters from the Court at least 1 year and no communication from Marstons ever. He constantly used threatening statements and language about forcing entry and that he would not leave until paid in full or taking goods. The police were called by the "bailiff" and myself but by the time they arrived I had paid almost £600 by card to prevent any furrther distress to my wife and young children who were in the house at the time and he had left. Even the police could not be sure what he could and could not do and were frankly a waste of time. I cannot seem to find anywhere that will give me the definitive position on what these people can and cannot do but remain angry and upset about his methods, including the shaved head, black boots, combat trousers and nylon jacket - all designed to intimidate?

Re: Marston Group

Of course it is designed to intimidate - and it worked. You paid.

Look here and send them the Subject Access Request letter, modified for your circumstances, that you will find at this link.

Upon receipt of that letter and the correct statutory fee (maximum £10) Marstons have 40 days to send you all the information you request. Once you find out how the sum of almost £600 was made up, you can begin to recover the unlawful elements of what you paid.

Be in no doubt, bailiffs will lie, cheat and steal and if you want your money back, you will have to fight for it. However, many bailiff firms are also spectacularly poor at administration, rely on intimidation, harassment, bullying and the legal ignorance of their victims and usually employ those at the lower end of the criminal sophistication scale, hence it is highly likely that they will be completely unable to justify why they charged the sums they did.

Comment

Re: Marston Group

the bailiff cannot force his way into your home unless he has already previously peacefully entered into it in respect of the same warrant (with a couple of exceptions

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X