• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs worries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs worries

Hi All

i need help with an issue my daughter has brought upon herself with jacobs over past c/tax debt.

my daughter entered into agreement with jacobs to pay 20£ wk towards her debt.

my daughter was working but due to rent going into arrears she fell behind and now pays 60£ towards that debt( another thread possibly) ordered from the court 3 wks ago.

anyways she stoppoed paying jacobs and today she received a letter stating that unless bill was paid in full they were coming to remove her goods and chattels etc.

it claims its the FINAL notice before REMOVAL ACTION. On contacting the Council the debt is 78£ yet the debt jacobs want is £308.38 in full????????

i contacted the guy from jacobs (friggin mobile number) and spoke of this to seek breakdown of this cost and advised him that the liability order does not give "right of access" to him as he (bailiff) is a 3rd party and therefore he got no right of entry and he can call with his van etc and threaten with police being there (only to make sure there is no 'breach of the peace') i do know some regulations to which he needs to be aware off.

anyways he still thinks he got every right to gain forced entry on the basis my daughter signed a levy form of which she has no recolection but does remeber him getting access after saying he was calling regarding C/tax debt, without citing that he was from the bailiffs?? anyway simple Q

does he have right of access, if he has entered property before?

ps. as the debt (c/tax) is only 78£ is it not that part of the debt that gives him entry or does he have right to enter in relation to charges incurred from bailiff fee's??

sorry if ive confused anyone just gets me in a cafuffle when bailiffs thro there weight about

pokerpro

Re: Jacobs worries

I've flagged this up for someone far more knowledgeable on bailiffs to take a look Have a read of other threads in the bailiffs forum. Regarding the charges you will want to take a look The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 - the ones on this debt do sound incredibly high and I believe they are obliged to give you a breakdown.

I presume you have spoken to the council and they have refused to take the debt back ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi pokerpro. sorry to hear your troubles, bailiffs they are very sneaky, and extremely low walks of life, Amy LB teamleader gives good advice, hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerpro View Post
        does he have right of access, if he has entered property before?
        Yes, he does, if he was granted peaceful entry.

The bailiff is allowed to charge for work he has actually carried out. Has your daughter ever received any letters saying a bailiff has visited? They are allowed to charge for a maximum of 2 visits when collecting unpaid council tax, but not for letters - so it is important to find out what has been charged and the reason for the charge.

If you don't know what has been charged the I would suggest you firstly have a read of the bailiff guide Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and then have a look at the link contained with the guide for a Subject Access Request.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X