• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Newlyn after 3 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Newlyn after 3 years

Hi All

I sold my old Volvo in April 2007 to a (dodgy) new owner. I was so busy that I delayed sending the paperwork to the DVLA. The new driver committed a string of offences in this period. three separate London Boroughs(Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets) sent me a veritable blizzard of parking and other traffic offence fines. Tower hamlets also told me they found "my" car and crushed it.

I wrote to all the Boroughs and eventually all stopped contacting me. The last contact was from Hackney and that was in March 2008.

And then out of the blue I get four letters within two weeks from Newlyn last month: Tower Hamlets are demanding just £155

I emailed Newlyn but got no response.

Shall I pay this unfair fine? Can they legally pursue me so long after the offenses?

Re: Letter from Newlyn after 3 years

Do you even know what kind of fine this relates to?

Comment

No. But it mentions 2007 and traffic offense. Thanks

Comment

If it were me, I would write to them just as you did the councils. These fines are nothing to do with you and that you won't pay them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X