• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have I Sent the right Form?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I Sent the right Form?

HI all

This is my 1st post on here and it looks like there is some good advice to be had. I got referred to here by a door step collector surprisingly.

I need advice on my Council Tax with the Bailiff Rossendales. I owe them £550 as I reduced this balance from £999. I paid off a large sum and like a BLOODY IDIOT my partner let him in to give him the money.

They have now Levied on some of our goods, such as the sofa and the computer. I have a little girl and we want to know if he can actually now come in and take these things.

I owe other council tax but not to them it is being paid to the Council. I have yesterday sent a form N254 (application for suspension of a warrant) I believe this will mean they can no longer come to my house for the debt and a separate payment plan can be made with the council.

Does anyone know if this will work and have you ever done this before?

Re: Have I Sent the right Form?

Welcome to the forum! I have also just joined and had some good advice so far.

Sorry i can't comment on this as i don't know enough and wouldn't want to give you bad advice!

I'm sure someone who knows all about this kind of thing will be along soon though to help you

Comment

Re: Have I Sent the right Form?

Originally posted by annon123 View Post
      This is my 1st post on here and it looks like there is some good advice to be had. I got referred to here by a door step collector surprisingly.
      Very interesting, do you have any more details you could add?

I need advice on my Council Tax with the Bailiff Rossendales. I owe them £550 as I reduced this balance from £999. I paid off a large sum and like a BLOODY IDIOT my partner let him in to give him the money.

They have now Levied on some of our goods, such as the sofa and the computer. I have a little girl and we want to know if he can actually now come in and take these things.
      What else was levied?

I have yesterday sent a form N254 (application for suspension of a warrant) I believe this will mean they can no longer come to my house for the debt and a separate payment plan can be made with the council. Does anyone know if this will work and have you ever done this before?
      I think you mean an N245 and I do not believe this will have any effect since outstanding council tax is not collected by a debt collector, but instead by a bailiff and all the rules are different.

Have you read the bailiff guide? If not you should. Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X