• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiffs and the DVLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bailiffs and the DVLA

The TEC and the council have today confirmed the Stat Dec has been logged and a court order suspending bailiff action has been executed. For various reasons that aren't worth going into, I think there's a good chance the Stat Dec will result in a decision in my favour - that's if the council even contest it. Funnily enough, when I met the council parking official in person, it was very clear they were not going to consider cancelling the warrant there and then, literally no matter what reason I gave, no matter how justified my claims. She also claimed that any fees charged by the bailiff would be entirely legitimate despite not being able to define what those fees were and at what point they would become cease to be legitimate. She was extremely defensive from the get go and wouldn't really enter into any kind of discussion. When I pulled out and switched on my recorder (I'm a journalist) she completely lost what little composure she had.

That won't be the end of it, however. I will look very carefully into the possibility of pursuing the bailiff and the bailiff company for criminal fraud. I might even try to make this into interesting feature material. You never know, the whole thing could end up making me money.
    Last edited by bathbailiff; 26th May 2010, 20:03:PM.

Comment

Re: Bailiffs and the DVLA

sound a bit like me, still fighting my course.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X