• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help with Bailiff fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent help with Bailiff fees

Morning Amy

Well at the time he called he claimed he was.

"We have a contractual arrangement with the court which requires our Enforcement Agents to be certificated with six months of commencement of employment."

Was the response in writting from Marstons, when i asked for the name of the court which issued his certificate.

I have telephoned the number (given on the Form 4)of Her Magesty's Courts Service Headquarters- Enforcement Team, and they say they have an application but he is not yet certificated. They also told me Form 4 was irrelevant as he is not certificated, but i could still lodge a complaint about him which could effect the outcome of him ever being certificated.

My real concern are these fees, they are stated on Marstons website, they claim:-

£75 Compliance fees (applied to every case)
    £200 Attendance fee (applied to the case once an enforcement agent attends the premises, including where no action is taken or no contact was made)

Can they really do this on every case? Has no body else had this?
    Basically £275 to pop a note through someones door, while the rest of us have to try and work for a living. sorry getting the hump now.

I have also spoken the the Enforcement Office who orignally issued the fine, they are happy for me to appeal the conviction due to work commitments i missed the court hearing. On a letter from the DVLA proving my entitlements, will happliy refund the monies paid for the fine but not the fees charged by Marstons.

Marstons on to a right winner here arent they?

Comment

Originally posted by infinateflea View Post
      I have telephoned the number (given on the Form 4)of Her Magesty's Courts Service Headquarters- Enforcement Team, and they say they have an application but he is not yet certificated. They also told me Form 4 was irrelevant as he is not certificated, but i could still lodge a complaint about him which could effect the outcome of him ever being certificated.
      Then I think you should complain to the court, as they have suggested. If he is not yet certificated, he is not allowed to carry out this work, therefore, all charges should be returned.

Also make a formal complaint to ACEA (Association of Civil Enforcement Agencies) of which they are a member.

Complaints procedure for ACEA

Comment

Ok thanks i ll get right on it,

one last little question for now, is that the court that issued the original fine, or the court he has applied to for his certification?

Comment

The court he has applied to for his certification.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X