• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charges made by Marston - Refunded in Full

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charges made by Marston

Fantastic result, I really am pleased for you.

I'm going to change the title of your thread, sticky it and you have achieved fame - you'll be added to the sidebar along with kesprg.

I hope you stick around too.

xx

Comment

Re: Charges made by Marston - Refunded in Full

Hi Amy,
      Could you have a look at the letter below I am sending to Marston re my complaint, do you think it sounds ok ?
      I was going to c.c the High Court Enforement agency and Kenneth Clarke or do you think thats a step to far ? I just think they need to be brought into line and stop ripping people off.

13 May, 2010
      Your Ref
      Marston Group
      Enforcement Centre
      1st Floor
      Tameway Tower
      48 Bridge Street
      Walsall
      WS1 1JZ
      Dear Sir or Madam:
      Thank you for your letter and further telephone call regarding the charges applied to the above account. I am pleased that you have accepted responsibility for your error in relation to the fees charged but I still have concerns regarding the same. Could you please explain how a valuation fee can be added in error? Surely to get to that figure, which is calculated as a percentage of the value of the goods, you must have had a goods value to work off. This would not have been possible as you were not in possession of any goods to begin with. This also applies to the possession fee. To arrive at these figures someone must have calculated them, but based on what? I simply cannot accept that this was a simple clerical error and would like a full explanation of how this happened.
      I also have concerns regarding the conduct of the Bailiff who telephoned me on the 3rd February 2010. Whilst he was polite and courteous he quite wrongly implied that he had the power to enter the premises by force. I understand that you may get people saying that goods are not theirs but I clearly stated that the premises were no longer occupied by us and that the goods therein were not mine. Had he made further enquiries when the premises opened he would have found this to be true. Instead he sated that he had been given instructions to enter the premises, by force if necessary, and remove goods to satisfy the debt. He even went further to say that it would be embarrassing for me when the owners realised that their goods had been removed for my debt and that a locksmith was on the way. I now realise that he had no power to force entry and had he done so he would have been committing a criminal offence. Had he attempted to remove goods that he was not authorised to remove he would also be committing the crime of theft. I consider this to be a serious implication and feel that a bailiff who does not understand his job limitations and the law should not be carrying out this kind of work.
      It is my opinion, of which I am entitled, that my case has been mishandled on many occasions and I have been lied to in order to make me pay. I find this kind of behaviour totally unacceptable especially when it comes from a company that represents Her Majesty’s Courts. I have been led to believe that the courts ensure that the law is adhered to and not made a mockery of as has happened in this instance.
      I will look forward to receiving your detailed response and action you intend to take in the very near future.

Yours Faithfully,

Comment

Sounds great to me, you should send it.

As far as the copies go, I would be inclined to copy it to as many people as you can think of because this is the only way these people will learn and I think you are right not to let this go.

Comment

Thanks for that....I sometimes get a bit carried away once I get onto something and just wanted to check I wasnt over reacting ! I do feel very strongly about this and think that a refund of the fees is just the start for me, I will take this as far as I possibly can.
          I will keep you posted. x

Comment

I am a new member to this forum and I have to say that I have never heard of anyone getting the better of a bailiff company who misrepresents itself. This thread is good news to us all...

I do think, though, that some credit should be given to bailiff companies who do their job in a fair and honest manner... are there any? I have dealt with Moorcroft in the past and they have seemed to be fair and just... even going the extra mile to help us when we were really at our lowest point!

Comment

Moorcroft are not bailiffs, they are a Debt Collection agency.

Comment

Re: Charges made by Marston

i suggest you report them to the CREDIT SERVICES ASSOCIATION GOT TO THERI WEB SITE AND READ THE RULES AND REGULATIONS THEY ARE MEANT TO FOLLOW IN YOIUR CASE I'M SURE THEY HAVE BROKEN SOME OF THEM
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                I Suggest U Get In Contact With The Credit Services Assoication Marston Are A Member Of That And They Have Rules And Regulations That Must Be Followed Go To Their Website
                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                I Suggest U Get In Contact With The Credit Services Assoication Website They Have Rules And Regulations Which Marston Must Follow
                Last edited by tiggiedapuss; 10th June 2010, 15:37:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i everybody. i'm writing to see if anybody can help us. my wife got a fine of 600. pound for no tv lisence yes thats right 600. she agreed to pay 20 amonth. i'm disabled and in a chair i fell very ill and to be honest she forgot to pay for 2 month's which was 40.00. we got a letter from marston's saying they wanted a payment of 855.00 in full. when my wife phoned them to say we could not pay that she was told that if she paid 280.00 on a card we would then be able to pay in installments. she told them that we did not have that kind of money to pay there an then. so she was told to ring the following week and then they might have a number for the bailiff that would be dealing with it. we phoned the following week to ask for the number and was told it had not yet been past on to the bailiff yet and we should wait a further week. well yesterday while we was at the hospital the bailiff had been round to the house and left a note saying that if we did not pay 925.00 by 7pm they would come and take our stuff. so my wife phoned the number and it was a lady who said she would be round in 5 min's in 5 min's she was here. at the door she asked to come in and my wife said are you going to take my stuff and the bailiff said no im here to sort this out with you. we let her in and she sat down and said the following. if we did not pay the money and there was no goods that was worth taking away she could go to prison if they send it back to court. she then asked to go upstairs with my wife and look in are bedroom the only thing in there is my bed and comode. she then went into kitchen and said i will take your washing machine/cooker/microwave. she they came in and sat down again and said i will be back on the 4th of may as she is going on holiday and when she come's bck she wants the whole amount otherwise she will take the stuff. i told her the tv was old and so is the cooker and dryer. but all she wanted was the money. she did not ask my wife to sign anything and she did not touch anything. she said they dont do a payment plan anymore. im worried out of my mind as she she my wife could go to prison and it did not matter if i was disabled and have 2 kids of 13 n 15. please somebody help..... sorry this is so long
                  bob

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X