• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales

Hi All

I wrote to you on here last August saying that I had been served a Notice of intent to take my possesions from Rossendales for unpaid Council Tax. I had been paying them fortnightly but missed a payment as they were asking for too much and I was struggling to find it. Anyway you gave me great advice that because they had not entered my house and done a Walking Possesion Order they couldnt break in to get my possesions unless I let them in. I sent off for a SAR, again as advised by you. Miraculously my charges suddenly went right down to what they had asked for on the notes through the door.
    They still insisted that they would come and remove my chattels even though they had no possesion order and would not consider any repayment plan at all. I kept the house shut up all the time in case. I received a couple of phone calls from their number but they just rang once and hung up before I could even answer. They left no msg. I have had no letters or visits from them since August of last year.
    However, today my partner who has been made redundent, was in my house while I was at work and a baillif turned up with a large white van. He didnt answer the door. The baillif peered through the windows and looked over the back gate which is locked and then put a note throught the door saying if not paid in full in 24 hours he would be back to remove my goods even if I was not in. He has highlighted these words in pink along with the word Magistrate and Distress Warrant and also highlighted that no arrangements could be made and that no contact would be taken as refusal to pay.
    In biro he has then written £1,345.00 which he has crossed out and written above it £1,285.00.
    I went on to the Rossendales website as I have been gradually trying to pay off this bill recently to get rid of them. My account on there stands at exactly £1,000.00 so can he charge me this extra £245.00 just for coming out today with a van? If he can, it makes a mockery of what I have paid (nearly £500) as I am almost back where I started.
    Also, my partners car was on the drive. He does not live with me but spends a lot of time here. Can the baillifs clamp his car if it is on my drive, and my son has a car as well which is on the drive when he is not at work. Can they take that. I am trying to get this bill paid off but cannot afford to pay it outright as I only work 30 hours a week because of the children and have all my other bills to pay so I dont get into this mess again. I would be grateful for your advice please
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X