• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lincolnboy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lincolnboy

Hi - The wife and I have finally got Bristow and Sutor off our backs but there are lots of unanswered questions. Like we did not receive 14 days notice of a baliff visit from the council. We wrote to the baliffs and asked for a breakdown of their fees and copied this to the council and local councillor. The baliffs sent a quick response which has highlighted a few discrepancies but we have received nothing from the council or councillor. The council letter was reg'std post so we have proof of postage. We are not going to let this rest and want evidence to back up any future complaints, claims etc. We now want to SAR the baliffs and the council so: Can we SAR as a married couple or do we have to do it as individuals? Which department at the council do we SAR? What are the costs involved? Thanks in advance.

Re: lincolnboy

Is this in relation to your other bailiff thread? Or is this a separate issue?

If the debt is in both your names, then one SAR will suffice.

There is a link to a bailiff SAR in the bailiff guide Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles

Comment

Yes it is but forgive me I am having to do this from a mobile and me and techno stuff well least said on that one. As I said earlier we want to SAR the baliffs and the council and was just wondering about costs etc. I cannot find who it is at the council that I need to SAR. Would it be the chief executive or a department? We want to SAR so we can get evidence for possible form 4 action and a complaint to the council. One thing is nagging me though and that is that when we SAR these people how do we know that they haven't doctored the truth and that we will get ALL the information?

Comment

Hi lincolnboy,

Cost is £10.
        I would send it to 'Head Office' & clearly mark it 'Urgent - For attention of your Data Controller', keep a copy & get proof of postage.
        They have maximum 40 days to respond.
        An example (cheers, Tools):-

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=14196
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X