• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can Bristow & Sutor Levy my car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Bristow & Sutor Levy my car?

Further to my recent post regarding Bristow & Sutor and Bristol City Council Tax

I had a visit from a bailiff this week who did not knock the door he / she just posted a levy / seizure of goods stating that if the full amount owed is not paid with in 5 days.

The levy was for my car, which was, parked on the street out side my house. The bailiff guessed that it was mine. My name is probably not yet listed with DVLA as I only purchased it last week for £300. The envelope contained a levy form and a inventory form which gave the make, model, registration number it also stated 6 months road tax and all keys and paper work to be seized.

Have bailiffs got the right to do this with out my signature. I currently owe £1500 council tax, so if they take my car which is worth about £300 and then charge me £175 to tow it and £25 storage fee per day what is the point as no money would be actually recovered from me after the car was sold at auction. The only thing that would happen that I would owe even more.

I am currently unemployed which you can appreciate getting to interviews without a out would be a nightmare

HELP!!!

Cheers

Dave

Re: Can Bristow & Sutor Levy my car?

They are entitled to levy on it but whether or not they would actually seize it is another matter altogether. They use tactics such as these in order to bully, harass and frighten debtors into paying.

You need to contact the council as I advised in my reply on your other thread as the bailiffs do not operate without instructions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X