• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of attendance to seize goods this wednesday- help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of attendance to seize goods this wednesday- help

Hi, I am furious, I got home on Friday to discover a notice of attendance to seize goods from Jacobs Bailiffs for unpaid council tax. Firstly, I raised a dispute with the council because they have received and cashed 4 cheques from me but not allocated to my account, I rang and explained this on the 24th septemeber and they said they would hold action providing I brought bank statements in to prove it, I rang back the following week because of the times I work was struggling to get in and they gave me a fax no. to send them through on, which I did. That was over a month ago and I've heard nothing since until this.

Stupdly I rang the bailiff in a panic to explain this account was in dispute and ended up getting annoyed telling him he would not get in my house and that I am going in to see the council to sort it out. I also rang the council and they say they haven't received my fax!!! I didnt have all my paperwork in front of me with the fax no. and everything on so said I would call back today, I want to complain to the Finance Director as because of their complete lack of inability to deal with this, Im now having to fobb off a Bailiff... Just a bit of advice please, firstly if this account was already in dispute can they pass to a bailiff and secondly is the Finance Director the best person to complain to or someone else? and how do I get rid of/stop this bailiff?

Re: Notice of attendance to seize goods this wednesday- help

Amy is the bailiff expert but I didn'tt think they could remove goods unless they have a walking possession order although as this is Council Tax i have a feeling the rules may be different. You really need to get hold of the council, and get some sense out ofthem, if needs be take your statements in person to them
    Is no longer here

Comment

Have been in and given them my bank statements so they are holding action while, they try and sort this out - thats nice of them considering it's their cock up in the first place....

Anyway, will see what happens

Comment

Read this then if you have any further questions, please ask.

Legal Beagles

Comment

Originally posted by Horsemad View Post
          Have been in and given them my bank statements so they are holding action while, they try and sort this out - thats nice of them considering it's their cock up in the first place....

Anyway, will see what happens
          You need to get the council to agree the removal of these fees the bailiffs have applied to your account as they are wrong.

Comment

Ok will ask for them to be removed also, thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X