• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help bailiff lied to me in order to get me to sign paper work what should I do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help bailiff lied to me in order to get me to sign paper work what should I do

I had a visit from Jacobs bailiffs today telling me i had failed to pay my council tax. I was very surprised as I have a direct debit set up and as far As I was aware I had made every payment so far. I refused to let them in and they got very rude. I shut the door on them and five minutes later they knocked again and I opened the door and they had some paper work and insisted I sign it. They also demanded that I pay £50 and agreed that I could pay the rest by installments of £45 per week They would not let me read the paper work and had covered part of it up. They just said it was a payment plan agreement. My husband was with me and heard them say this aswell our 2 young children were in the house and I actually have high functioning autism and find it hard to talk to people like this. We just wanted them to go away so in the end I signed the paper work and paid £50. I should not have done but they were being so threatening we did not know what else to do. there was 2 of them. After they went back to the car and I read the piece of paper work they gave me and was shocked to see they had seized my car and that it said on paper work that if we don't pay the full amount within 5 days they will come and will take car and sell it. My husband tried to run after them to complain but they drove off. They are asking for £1120. We don't have this amount of money. I am so worried and don't know what to do. Is my signisture on this Notice Of Siezure of Goods & Inventory still valid if they lied in order to obtain my signiture. Also we never received any letter or Communication from the council that there was any problems with our payments and that they were going to send a Bailiff. according to the research i've done the council have to give you 14 days notice that they are going to send a bailiff. Is this true. Secondly. I rely on my car as both my children have special needs and medical problems and I have to take them to the hospital most weeks for hospital appointments. If they take my car I wont be able to get my children to there hospital appointment and this could effect there health can they take my car under these circumstances. I am going to contact the council now but any advice you can give would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Re: Please help bailiff lied to me in order to get me to sign paper work what should

You need to ascertain whether or not the council payments are leaving your account.

You should telephone the council as soon as you can to check this or at least check your account and see whether the payments have been made to the council.

When you speak with someone at the council inform that you will be complaining about this - but that can wait. For now just find out whether you are behind with the payments.

Comment

Re: Please help bailiff lied to me in order to get me to sign paper work what should

I have checked my bank statement and all payment up to now have been taken from my account but council say they havent recieved them

Comment

Call the bank and check to see what they say about where these payments are going and if they say everything is fine then go to the council offices armed with your bank statements and show them the payments leaving your account.

Comment

hi thanks for the advice I will contact my bank and with ask them where the money is going and will then go back to council. But this is going to take time to be investigated fully. Im concerned that my car will be taken in the mean time. Can any one please tell me is The notice of seizure of goods and inventory still vailid if they lied to me in order to get my signiture. Some one must know please help.

Comment

No it is not valid and when you speak to the council demand that they put a hold on the collection of this account until you are given a chance to a) prove you are not behind with your payments and b) have time to make a proper complaint about this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X