• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj and bailiff help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccj and bailiff help

Hi

looking for some help. On Friday at 4pm a bailiff came to my home, whilst I was on breathing space (which ended yesterday). This is in relation to a vets bill from when my dog died.

bavkground:
    took dog to out of hours they diagnosed with gastro despite me raising was worried it was his spine. Took him for a second opinion and was diagnosed with ivdd.
    he was pts 2 days later as completely paralysed.
    I had paid the excess and insurance confirmed was processed.

I put in a complaint about a week later due to their missing his ivdd despite me bringing it up and also charging me for an overnight stay when he did not. They responded that although they did notice issue with spine he didn’t respond in pain so it was ruled out.

As a gesture of goodwill, we are able to credit the daytime hospital charge, the fluid administration charge and the charges for mirtazapine (appetite stimulant) and prevomax (anti-sickness) medications. These fees to be credited total £414.25. This leaves a balance of £337.06 outstanding. If you are happy to accept this gesture of goodwill please contact us at the practice so that we can arrange to amend the insurance claim that has been submitted.’

i did not respond to this because I felt it was an insult ti my dogs memory. I thought they can keep it asi was grieving.

I’m the next few months I was in a car crash, then my mum became critically unwell with a long term condition. Our worlds turned upside down. I then was put on 2 week cancer pathway and iv so dd been diagnosed with stress and depression having time off work. My dog died May 2023, ever since life got worse.

I did get an email in august to ask if they should amend the insurance claim. To be honest I was so upset and angry I didn’t respond plus my mum was in hospital.

in March I realised I had been getting in debt not responding to things. In all honesty I have felt suicidal, I’m just saying this for context. I called step change wax put on breathing space and started to open my letters and pass this on to them. In that pile of letters there was a letter dated November 2023 from a solicitor regarding the vets bill. I gave it to step change to contact. I knew I should contact the insurance and vets but in all honesty o haven’t wanted to speak about it or my dog who I kiss so much and died in a cruel way. So I thought I’ll just add the money to my bill despite knowing that the insurance should have paid it. I’m a single parent I don’t have anyone to help with these things.

I had thought at the very least it will be frozen and included in the debt. There is now a ccj from Jan on my file, I didn’t now this until this weekend.

I have asked the vet to take the debt back and they have sent this

So after looking through Dogs record, I can see that you had raised a complaint after dogs visit here. The response to your complaint was resolved with our lead vet Dr L (on 19th June 2023), for which we did not receive a response from you.
    My practice manager emailed you on Monday 21stAugust 2023, chasing a response from you as in DR L response she had offered the following…

As a gesture of goodwill, we are able to credit the daytime hospital charge, the fluid administration charge and the charges for mirtazapine (appetite stimulant) and prevomax (anti-sickness) medications. These fees to be credited total £414.25. This leaves a balance of £337.06 outstanding. If you are happy to accept this gesture of goodwill please contact us at the practice so that we can arrange to amend the insurance claim that has been submitted.

On the 22nd September 2023 my practice manager had spoken with your insurance company, and it was said that the claim was cancelled due to a lack of information on B’s history provided by yourself, we were informed that your insurance company had sent you an email to confirm this.
    On the same day my practice manager emailed you what we call here a letter 2, this is because at this point the outstanding debt falls back onto the practice and at the time we did not hold a credit license in order to hold debt, also following our policy of all treatment being paid upfront and later we assist clients with claims. - to add I have no email from 22nd September from insurance or practice

On the 3rd October 2023 I from our debt management team had tried to call you to no avail.
    On the 5th October 2023 we posted a letter 3 to you, which is a final reminder that payment is due.

On the 20th October 2023, we had contacted your insurance company to check the claim status and it was still closed, it was then we referred your debt onto DWF.

We had followed the correct protocol that we use to treat everybody fairly and I believe we made every attempt to make contact with you using the details we had. As we are in the bank holiday weekend with no management in, I am unable to promise you that we can hold this, Equally with the information above regarding communication with you I would lean towards this being unlikely.

I have as ever, forwarded your email onto my practice manager and debt team. We will aim to respond as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

the bailiff says he is coming in 5 days to remove my stuff. I don’t have anything. Iv sent evidence of my mh and my daughters health needs and ask no unannounced visits take place. iv no answer as it’s the weekend

I’m at a loss I am to blame for not opening some letters but I truly thought this was dealt with and processed so didn’t look out for it

any help will be appreciated

Tags: None

Hi Toby

Welcome to LB

If you are a 'vulnerable' person, then there are things, bailiffs can't do.

Email the following to the bailiffs company-

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...re-vulnerable/

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...vulnerable-ew/

Also put the letter in an envelope and hand it to the 'bailiff'.

I don't know if you can extend 'breathing space'.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X