• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent advice required, wrongly being charged by Marstons Holdings Debt Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice required, wrongly being charged by Marstons Holdings Debt Recovery

To summarise

I recieved a PCN from richmond council for my vehicle (someone else was driving at the time), i sent them the PCN straight away however they took long to pay it and the fine reached £210. (i know i should have informed PCN company they were driving it and not me but i thought they would pay immediately, lesson learnt the hard way)

Lond story short the indiviual paid the fine in full directly to Richmond council in March 2023.

around september 2023 I started recieiving letters from Marstons about this fine so I informed the indiviual who said he paid, he sent me all relevant proof and I sent it them.

After a while they got back to me and said that the fine was paid in full in March 2023, but I still had to pay a £75 compliance fee.

This seemed very scammy to me so I asked them why, and they said it was because they had to send me communications.

I told them they were wrongly given my information and told to pursue me for a fine that already paid prior to them being involved in any way. So i said if you want your money got to Richmond council and ask them as they are the ones who made the error of involving you and not me.

They then said they contacted Richmond council and Richmond council told them to charge me the £75.

i said this was not right and i shouldnt have to pay for this, i said they are causing me a lot of stress and that I am going to report them.

Long story short yesterday they sent a bailif to the house with a Final Notice letter and the fine has now become £310.

If i do not pay they are threating to take my belongings.

I do not know what to do next please can i get some helpful advice
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X