• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCBL Notice of Debt Recovery for parking in own bay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCBL Notice of Debt Recovery for parking in own bay?

I have recently been contacted by DCBL Ltd with a notice of debt recovery - supposedly for an unpaid parking charge £170
    The charge they claim was for an expired ticket/voucher/permit.

The reason I was not displaying a permit, was that I was never given one,
    The parking contractors never sent me one so, I couldn't display what I didn't have.
    I'd like to point out that I was in my bay which I pay for in advance and have never neglected this duty. I have always paid for my parking bay, so do not understand what I am being fined for.

I have not received letters, they say that this happened on the 25th of October 2018, maybe back then I may have received one demand for payment from MET parking which I took to be a phishing scam, but it was so long ago I can't remember.
    I think I ignored it because as I paid for my parking and was not given a permit I thought it was a scam.
    Now I get a letter saying that DCBL are acting on behalf of the company recovering the fine and I need to pay them £170.

It does say at the bottom of the letter This is not subject to High Court or Bailiff Action still I am really disappointed in how parking contractors use this kind of scam.
    We now have a new operator who tried the same scam again this year, luckily my Housing organisation intervened and threatened them for withholding my permit.

It seems that these operators are not finding enough people to fine legitimately so are coming after residents' parking in their own (paid for) parking bays and using them as cash cows.

They threaten me, but I think that this is really wrong, or maybe it's just me and I am the wrong one?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

TKA

photo of doc with personal details taken out.

DCBL notice of Debt recovery
    Tags: None

Anyone?

Comment

Provide DCBL proof that you have paid for the parking space, send it a cover letter (signed for) telling them what you have written on the forum.
      If you get no response within 28 day follow up with an email (make sure that you instruct your email provider to confirm that the email has been read).

If they don't respond to your email within 14 days call them and ask to speak to an enforcement manager/supervisor.
      The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X