• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiffs and locksmith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiffs and locksmith

A colleague has asked what happens if locksmith turns up with bailiff but is not his house.
    Only renting. Who pays for the change of lock/damage ? Does locksmith provide new lock
    and set of keys ? Can landlord object to this ?
    Tags: None

des8 MIKE770 Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by peterpiper View Post
      A colleague has asked what happens if locksmith turns up with bailiff but is not his house.
      Only renting. Who pays for the change of lock/damage ? Does locksmith provide new lock
      and set of keys ? Can landlord object to this ?
      I don't understand what you mean ? Have I said or done something inappropriate ?
      Please clarify

Comment

Originally posted by peterpiper View Post

I don't understand what you mean ? Have I said or done something inappropriate ?
        Please clarify
        Just asked some members to look at your post and advise.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Just asked some members to look at your post and advise.
          Thank you for doing that

Comment

Landlord cannot object if given a set of keys I believe. However are the actions of the baliff correct (ie does the tenant owe money?) If so I would say it is the tenant who must pay for the repair. If the baliff made a mistake the baliff should pay.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
              Landlord cannot object if given a set of keys I believe. However are the actions of the baliff correct (ie does the tenant owe money?) If so I would say it is the tenant who must pay for the repair. If the baliff made a mistake the baliff should pay.
              And if tenant refuses or cannot pay ?
              But landlord would have to be there to give permission ?
              Tenant can't give permission surely ?
              And if the tenant isn't there ?
              And if tenant has no money ?

A strange scenario

Comment

The post is a strange scanrio because why would a baliff come with a locksmith? That is usually for an eviction...they would not break into a residential property. There is a lot more to this than we have been told.
                The house must be secure - tenant has a duty to protect the property - yes they should tell the LL what has happened and offer to pay. No LL would want their house unlocked - people break in and steal copper pipes etc - the important rule is to give LL copies of keys
                If tenant isn't there how do they know what has happened - strange question
                If tenant has no money then he will have to contact LL and ask him to change the lock and be willing to pay LL back or agree to deduction from his deposit when he leaves

Comment

Very strange situation, but I think the LL have to say his word too. As long as this land is his ownership, he must be the one in charge. There are details that should be taken in sight, but I don't think you have to pay from your pocket for the lock, more than that, I think it will be right you to pick a locksmith kingston, the one you trust and this locksmith to be paid
                  Last edited by GoodFollow; 6th January 2022, 14:58:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X