• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Card through the door from Marston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card through the door from Marston

Hi All,

Just had a card through the door from Marston, and it wasn't one of the Christmas kind either!
    It was saying I owe £1,136 by 7pm tonight.

I decided to ring the guy up and find out what it was all about and he told me I had been taken to court and found guilty in my absence of failing to provide driver information, which is news to me so I told him now I am aware of it I will call the magistrates first thing tomorrow and get a stat dec done.

The goon told me I have until 7pm tonight to pay in full otherwise he will be returning it to the judge who will issue an arrest warrant with a direct committal to prison attached to it... bit harsh??

He could tell I wasn't really phazed by this so he started trying to apply more pressure saying I will be held in the cells until the judge is ready to see me and then sent to prison.. but all this could be avoided if I pay him now.

So I repeated about the stat dec and his reply was 'I have been doing this 12 years sir, they only have stat decs in the high court not the magistrates so you are wasting your time and mine'

When I told him to repeat that as the call was being recorded and that I had previous done a stat dec at Lavender Hill mag about 7 years ago he cut the conversation off and hung up.

So what's the actual standing on this? I can't pay the sum all in one go, I am happy to have my day in court and go in front of a judge if need be. This commital to prison stuff is it scare tactics? Surely there has to be a refusal to pay rather than not having the means to pay, I would think alot of people would struggle to magic up £1,136 just like that.

What are my next steps?
    To clarify I am not seeking to avoid paying.
    Tags: None

A lot of what he has said is bunkum, he sees his commission disappearing. Do you know which Court this was held at? Do you have any inkling of anything having happened to cause this? You have 21 days from becoming aware of this to sort it out. Be careful now you have tipped the Bailiff off you know what you are doing that he doesn't turn up unexpectedly as he may just remove your vehicle - he will no doubt have a registration number.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X