• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • A free service which provides vulnerable consumers the ability to record their personal circumstances at a given point in time when they are looking to protect themselves against further debt or related financial problems. This is done either by self-exclusion from credit and financial promotions or to slow down the credit application process.
    Vulnerable consumers can register for FREE


    Check if the Debt Collection Agency/Debt Purchaser contacting you is using the VRS register.


Removal Notice

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Removal Notice

    I have had an enforcement officer serving me a removal notice in relating to an outstanding debt registered at Northampton County Court. Problem being it is for my son who no longer lives at my address. Debt type is TMA.
    After explaining this to the Enforcement Agent he replied that he did not believe me and he would return to take goods from my property unless I could provide receipts as proof of ownership!
    Company on heading is Collect services.
    Please advise/help.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

  • #2
    What is debt type TMA?

    Have they had access to your property? Is there anything of value outside? They may only remove goods that belong to the debtor and in any case most household goods are exempt or of little value.


    • #3
      This is all a bluff on his part. He wants you to pay your son's debts, obviously, and he's trying to scare you.

      As Plod says, the EOs can only take stuff belonging to the debtor, and in practice the only things worth taking are high value electronics or a car. Whilst none of us keep the receipts for everything in the house, a lot of electrical items are bought online so you have proof of purchase. Likewise with the car, you can probably prove you paid for it.

      Personally, I'd refuse to show him any receipts, and just face him down, but it's up to you. For example, he pays for a transporter to take the car, and I claim it back later, leaving him well out of pocket. He won't take that risk.

      He may threaten to take other household items, but they are not worth anything secondhand, even if it's legal for him to take them.


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



      MONEY & DEBT

      Help and support with all issues related to finances. If you’d like information on sources of free, regulated, debt help and advice you can visit the Money Advice Service. It's an independent service, set up by the government to help people make the most of their money.
      See more
      See less

      Court Claim ?

      Guides and Letters

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm