• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW case

Hi guys,

here is my case. Earlier this year i rented a car from a limited company in London for 1 month. As soon as i gave it back, i left the country for personal matters and i didnt come back for about 6 months. When i got back i visited my registered address to see if i have any letters and i found out that there was a jbw letter for a red route charge!! I didnt take any action. Now i am getting another one which says they will come back with locksmiths etc...

My question is if i can lawfully sue the limited company which used my personal details without asking me and taking for granted that i was driving the car. As far as i know there is no evidence and no pictures of me driving the car. So the director of the company handed out deliberately my personal details to a third party organisation (in this case tfl)

As of the JBW letters, what would be the worst case scenario, now that i didnt respond to any of their letters, nor i live in that place! Could they take the case to court?
    Tags: None

If you were the hirer of the vehicle when the offence was committed then you will be held responsible for payment. As for JBW then the matter has already been to Court and they have been employed to collect the debt. As you were away when all this happened then you may be able to submit an Out of Time application which if accepted could wind the matter back to the beginning.

Comment

Hi, sorry for my late reply. I was away. Ok lets take it step by step.

I was the hirer and i was responsible for any payments, but i was never informed that a ticket came through, though he used my personal details, and he already knew that i was leaving the country for a good period of time.

When i came back i check my post and i had no letters. A few weeks later and over a month i received one from jbw, which i didnt reply, but i called tfl and they said that they cant do anything as the ticket is not their "problem" anymore. A week ago i received another one which says that i clearly dont want to pay, but all i am saying is that i clearly have no clue how to default it and pay for it, because there is no way i can find half a grand for it.

As for the court, i did not receive any letters which call me to attend a trial. So i bet my credit score now is low.

I have gathered all of my tickets but i dont know where to start from

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X