• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equita - Warrant of Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equita - Warrant of Control

Hi,

I've been ignoring private parking charges from Premier Parking Solutions Ltd for a number of years.

The reason for the parking charges are, that I went over the 'free' three hours parking limit.

On the 19th of February 2018, I received a photocopied letter from Equita, with a detailed breakdown of the account.

Re: Plymouth City Council - Road Traffic Fine & Parking Charges.

Date of Charge 24th Jan 2015: 160.00

Date of Charge 6th June 2016 : 160.00

Date of Charge 11th June 2016 : 160.00

I also ignored this letter as Premier Parking Solutions Ltd owns the car park and not Plymouth City Council.

On the 3rd of July 2018 I received another letter from Equita stating

We write with reference to the unpaid amount owing to Plymouth City Council for Penalty Charge Notice.

A Warrant of Control has been issued against you and we are authorised under the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013 to enforce this order. We therefore require the sum of 423.00.

Failure to discharge this dept will result in our enforcement agents calling without further notice.

I would appreciate some advice please.

Thank you

Ian

Tags: None

Is the letter you have received headed Notice of Enforcement? If so it should give you a date by which to make contact with them, what date have they given you?

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your reply. No, it hasn't got that heading. The heading says, 'Please read this notice - it is important'. I have had a Notice of enforcement from Equita before over a parking charge from Plymouth City Council. The Dept was for 113.00, Compliance stage fee 75.00 Total sum outstanding 188.00. I paid the council directly, and informed Equita of this. It is after that On the 19th of February 2018, I received a photocopied letter from Equita, with a detailed breakdown of the account. Please be advised that we have been instructed by our client, Plymouth City Council to close the file. Therefore I can confirm that we are no longer acting against you in this instance. I can confirm that we are currently collecting a Parking Charge for our client, named above. Date of Charge 24th Jan 2015: 160.00 Date of Charge 6th June 2016 : 160.00 Date of Charge 11th June 2016 : 160.00 As I stated before that these charges are for a car park owned by Premier Parking Solutions and not Plymouth City Council, as stated in their letter. Regards Ian

Comment

Sorry but I am totally confused. The only way forward is to approach Equita and ask for a breakdown of the sum they are claiming etc. Better still load the letter up on here so we can have a look - make sure you redact all personal details though.

Comment

I think the situation is confusing because of the relationship between PPS & Plymouth Council which is described in this quote from
          Plymouth City Council

"Our relationship with PPS dates back around six years and they manage some 200 spaces for us at City Business Park in Stoke, Plymouth and at the Business Centre in Cattedown.

Our challenge is to ensure that Plymouth City Council tenants not only park free but have parking availability for themselves and their business visitors when they need it. PPS manage this and operate the Pay & Display for casual users with the revenue accruing to the Council going towards CCTV and the car park’s maintenance.

We have built a very good relationship with PPS based on working together. If I come across a parking related issue with a tenant, PPS are always prepared to help resolve it. They are very approachable and the manner in which they operate our car parking facilities has overcome any initial doubts council tenants may have had about working with private contractors. It is also important that the Council is represented in a positive way and is seen to be supportive and we are very pleased that PPS achieve this.

Comment

The other confusing matter is how the sum demanded has come about. There are 3 x £160 listed but only £423 demanded.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X