• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Misold HP car finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misold HP car finance

Hello everyone
    I have recently heard that FCA published a report on mis-sold pcp and hp car finance which makes it a mis-selling scandal if dealers did not disclose how much commission they get for introducing you to a finance company. I am not sure how far true this is because I have had two car finance in the last 5 years. I made some enquiries on the internet and found no win, no fee lawyers but I would like to do it myself as these lawyers end up taking a big cut from my payout. Does anyone know how to go about it? Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi Blast

Your first step would be to complain to the company. If they don't resolve the complaint to your satisfaction you can complain to the FOS. The company will provide a Final response.

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org....ey/car-finance

Check the case studies on the FOS website.

Comment

Thanks so much, ECHAT11

Comment

Hi Blast - My understanding is a dealer doesn't have to disclose the commission amount unless asked, however they should disclose they receive a commission for introductions. (At least thats my understanding!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X